StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added 3.5" Rox Risers and brought the bar forward about 1.5 inches, just insured the bike today and took it around the block, what a huge difference.

It feels like I'm riding some kind of chopper in comparison. It feels incredible standing up now, my arms are comfortably straight without having to bend forward, this is going to be great. The adventure pegs make a huge difference to stability as well.

I need to bleed the front brakes again, they still feel a little spongy after replacing the top line. There is quite a lot of hose there from the reservoir to the front wheel with it going through the ABS unit under the seat and back out.

I need to get it out in the dirt to test it with the stabilizer on it too, have to slot some time for that, maybe this Monday.

Does anyone know if the speed bleeders for the Vee would work on the V2? I was thinking of ordering some.

Desc Front Rear Clutch
DL1000 V-Strom 02-12 SB7100S SB8125L SB8125L

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer my own question, since nobody seems interested or knows. The 2014 to 16 V2, and likely forward, use the same Bleeder screw front and back, but the clutch is different. This is different from the Vee.

The front brake bleeders are: SB7100S

The rear brake bleeder is: SB7100S

The clutch bleeder is: SB8125L

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Insured the bike today, you take it off in the Winter?

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to ride year round when I was using my bike to commute, but I work full time from home these days and rarely go into the office. When the rain and snow come I stop riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts