StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted luggage for my 'naked' '03 DL 1000. After a little searching, I bought the brackets from VICOUS CYCLES in Canada....about $200 shipped and three large hardbags from JC Whitney $268 for all three shipped. (I looked up a coupon for JCW and recieved 15% off...no muss no fuss) From what I read, the large bags will fit the brackets with little modifications. (I'll adopt a 'wait an' see attitude) Anyway, thought I would pass it on. $468 to my door for a complete set of hard luggage. I think I done good! What say you?

·
Registered
587 Posts
That must be why the racks I ordered from vicious cycle where not in Stock :mrgreen: have to wait a week

where they the pl528 givis?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Dave, I gotta wait a week, too. I like the idea of having it all on the workbench to fit the brackets and bags together.....I have read the weak points on the JCW bags are the hinges and the 'stop' cords. I think I'll look into those also.

The funny thing is that my oldest daughter's name is August...Augie Doggy/Doggy Daddy (wife hated it, I thought it was funny. So did Augie Doggy. Of course that wife didn't think anything I did was funny....I did...I'm a funny guy! Well maybe not THAT funny)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW got an original used Suzuki front brake lever for free (only have 9 posts...so can't put in the 'for sale' thread. Free! (you pay for the shipping) Did I say FREE? Yes I did, FREE! PM me if you want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts