StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good luck finding a used corbin w/backrest that fits a VStrom. People dont like to part with the corbins once they are spoiled by them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Used Corbin

That link for the used dual canyon is nice, but that guy is the second owner of the seat. He also says he's selling it because it doesnt fit the bike correctly. Why would anyone want this seat? The owners of Corbin summer in the town I live in. Maybe I should buy it and ask them to refurb it. (my buddie's wife is friends with the owner's wife. I'll leave him anonymous)

B

·
0 Posts
why not buy a top case and mount for $50 more (e52 maxia-givi) and have a ready made back rest as well as somewhere for her to put her purse, raingear etc? dont want it on while u r sport riding? comes off in 5 seconds.

·
Registered
130 Posts
one problem

If you go with a back rest for the kappa case, your passenger space gets allot smaller. We can’t even use the back rest I bought, because my wife's coat has padding in the front and rear (she is, btw, medium size, but athletic). Works out thought, because the spine armor serves the purpose of the backrest when against the Kappa. She has absolutely no complaints.

That brings up another point... I don't see how you can use the corbin seat back-rest, with soooo little room. The pasanger would have to be some 5'3", <100# to to fit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the backrest!

:D Santa was good to me and I got the backrest from pirates lair. It looks good. It sets well - very comfortable. It comes off very easy. My wife likes the security it provides. It is very comfortable. My only gripe is that I can no longer justify getting one of those t-shirts that says, " If you can read this, the b*#@h fell off!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts