StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought it from st augustine honda today. it had zero miles when i test rode it. i was tagged and out the door in less than 30 minutes. i specifically was trying to duplicate wind buffeting on my helmet. at 70 mph there was none. there was no jolts or rough riding over expansion joints and potholes. it also shifted ever so smoothely through every gear. it is such a plasure to ride after my 2012 goldwing i sold yesterday. i most probably will need a seat...i've always rode corbins. i will miss the goldwing sound system and cruise control, but that is it. i did come home and play with the locks some. the keys were terribly hard to get in and then to turn. a little graffite and several minutes of playing with them and i think they may work. i'll update as i learn more but so far this bike fits me good!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
So add Zumo with XM and a Rostra Cruise and you will have all the features you miss from the trade in:thumbup:
Oh and Congrats:hurray:
Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats. Traded in a 2012 wing? There a reason? The wing is a great bike and it was so new....

I hear ya about the shifting. Its really smooth and effortless. I use a Sena headset and connect my phone for mp3s, and more often than not, audiobooks. As far as cruise, there's ACTUAL cruise control and throttle locks. Either would bebfine with me.

Enjjoy the new bike. I sure am!

Alexi

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'VE DONE MY RESEARCH on the new wee, having read most of this 2012 forum. i've talked to more than a few owners of the older wee and ALL have been satisfied and none i talked to had maint issues other than tires/chains/oil type stuff. i like doing my own work but not to fix broken stuff that should not break.

the Goldwing was (is) a pig. it is big and does not maneuver well. it is very comfortable for the passenger but not so much for the rider considering what it cost. $450 pluss to change an airfilter or multiple days if you do it yourself. a minimum of 15 minutes to re-install the seat IF you do everything right. back tire is overloaded if you and your wife weigh more tha 350 lbs, hence the car tires (and the ct does work very well on the wing). no airflow! i could noot ride mine in fla after may. i had to lay down to clean the wheels, took an hour to clean what took 5 minutes on a sportbike. I DID NOT CLICK WITH THIS BIKE...but i need to leave work now and go home and ride my wee :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts