StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Firstly a big thankyou for all the informative posts which has helped me decide on which bike to upgraded too.

Currently riding a 2003 Vstar 1100 classic but just purchased a 2011 650 Vstrom which I hopefully pick up this weekend.

I am looking forward to getting 'dirty' again on a motorbike after having a DR400, XT 600 and PE 250 many years ago.

All I have to do is decide on which farkles to fit first. Looking at B&B bashplate and oil/radiator guards. Then some luggage and ?.

Rick

·
Registered
36 Posts
:mod2_scooter::mod2_scooter::mod2_scooter:You are in Melbourne and its July.

One word

Heated Grips.

Welcome :mod2_scooter:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome aboard, you bought the bike now it gets expensive with the countless optional extras that you really need :yesnod: :thumbsup:

:cheers2:
BOB

·
Registered
72 Posts
G'day Rick , CONGRATULATIONS on choosing to get a v strom ,:thumbup:,the list of "add ons" is endless and mainly what each owner wants on his or her bike , ENJOY your new bike ,ride safe ,Paul.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome.
I hope that your PE stayed on it's wheels more often than mine did. :)

I too rode a PE 250 but never saw it quite like that.:confused::confused:
Worst i saw it was riding a rapidly rising river crossing at Narrabri when it was 4 days old and being totally submerged :jawdrop: and when i got home to empty it my then 4 year old son stuck the hose up the muffler to clean it out:yikes::yikes::yikes: LOL

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I too rode a PE 250 but never saw it quite like that.:confused::confused:
The other thing is that I was on the road where the guy is standing and riding from picture right to left. :)

Worst i saw it was riding a rapidly rising river crossing at Narrabri when it was 4 days old and being totally submerged
Did that to my RL250. We were fording a slightly flooded river following a 88" LR that was just floating when my mate on a Montessa rode in front of me. I stalled, dropped the bike and it re surfaced about 100m downstream. I really thought that it was heading out into the Pacific Ocean. Empty the tank, turn it upside down, take the plug out and pump the kick start a dozen times and then it fired up as good as new. Can't so that with no modern bike.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Firstly, congrats on the purchase! :thumbup:
Secondly, welcome to the nuthouse :biggrinjester:
Lots of great people on here to share stories,opinions etc etc with.
Hopefully you'll be able to join us next year at the Gathering :mrgreen:
Am sure you'll meet up with other local Strommers in your area for rides, don't be shy in putting up your hand to join in! :thumbup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome Rick.
I agree with Evanc, heated grips! If you ride up Ballarat way at all, I'll give you a nod :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts