StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything out about changing the basemap for a 2610 - I ordered a refurb from edgegps and it came with what looks like and Asia Pacific basemap?

I am trying to contact edge and garmin but so far they have been unavailable.....any insight on the complexity of changing basemaps?

I have done a lot of google searching too and don't seem to be hitting the right words to find out this information.

TIA,

·
Registered
745 Posts
IIRC I think you just need to turn it on and let it figure out where it is by finding the satellites...then it should be fine.I got a free upgrade to the new maps from garmin too...after you register it at garmins website...I love mine...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Are you sure its a base map issue?

When mine arrived it thought it was at the Garmin factory in Taiwan.

Turn it on for a few minutes and let it find itself. Once its gets a solid lock it wont go back to Taiwan on start up.

Even if you have a base map for Asia, once you load City Nav 2008 you will have the US in full detail.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok maybe that is all I need to do is to take it outside and let it figure out my location (I was just working at the computer with it last night for the first time) I assumed it was not the right base map because I saw China - but from your descriptions I just need to sync up with the satellites -

Thanks so much for the replies!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts