StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all ! 130,000 on KLR650A as my sole vehicle last 11 years 365 days a year . I need to tear it down and get it back to 100 % so after saving up the cash and years of research I,ve become a DL1000 owner . Just finished the 600 mile break in service this weekend myself as I like to do all work myself if possible . Really enjoying so far and looking forward to learning all that I can about my new bike . Chat with some of you folks later . Until then good riding .

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice! Fellow strom-only guy here, 7 years and 132k on it. Not quite 365 days per year though, since I learned my lesson about riding in the snow.

Would love to hear what you think of the 2019.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey , lol ..... yes the frzn is scary but my finances keep me on a bike . I'm still getting a feel for it of course but am really impressed . I've only experience with a Honda CM400T for 1.5 yrs. in the early 90's while in the military and then the last 11 plus on a n '06 KLR650A . I do also have a very low miles '06 Honda Rebel 250 for when I'm working on the KLR historically but a full grown motorcycle is an entirely new experience . The brakes are so much better and of course the power makes my cheeks ache from smiling too much haha . I'm honestly liking it more every time I ride but it is , you see , such an entirely unique experience for me . Even though after all of that wind it's hard to say "in short" but in short , Love it . Thanks for the reply !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts