StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my new 18 today. For you curious individuals the price was $10,076 which included the dealers DOC fee. The only other fees were sales tax and the cost of license plates.
Disappointed the dealer could not find the owners manual so for now can't figure out how to update the clock setting but will try to find it online. Was a little nervous as I hadn't ridden a bike for over 2 years. Eased out of the dealers and had about 6 miles before hitting the interstate. My shifting must of been off as I missed a few upshifts but that worked itself out. Hit the interstate and ran 20 miles in heavy traffic then stopped at Costco to meet the wife, shop, and eat lunch. Afterwards she went home one way and I rode the 80 miles home on secondary roads with lots of curves and changing speeds. Didn't stall her once. Seat seems hard, but most stock seats suck so no news there. Pretty pleased overall and on the highway bike seems to be an improvement over my old ride (2013 Tiger XC)

Let the farkling commence!

Can anyone be so kind to tell me how to adjust the clock?

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very nice - congrats!

I haven't a clue on the clock on these newer models.
I would think the youtube crowd would have posted something?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Randy, for future reference:
12:00
Time is shown when the ignition switch is in the "ON" position. The clock has a 12-hour display. Follow the procedure below to adjust the clock

To adjust the clock, press and hld the lefft handlebar MODE switch(Up or Down) and the ADJUST button simultaneously for 2 seconds until the clock display blinks. Push the left handlebar MODE switch (Up or Down) to adjust the hour display. Push the ADJUST button to adjust the minute display. Press and hold the left handlebar MODE switch and the ADJUST button simultaneously for 2 seconds to return to the clock mode.
Note:
When the switch or button is pressed and held, the display will increase continuously.
The clock can be adjusted when the ignition switch is in the "ON" position.
This clock is powered by the battery of the motorcycle. if your motorcycle is to be left unused for more than 2 months, remove the battery from the motorcycle.

The ADJUST button is the vertical button just to the let of the tachometer. This is from my owner's manual for the DL1000A

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice!

I have a few items taken off my 2018 in the for sale forum if you're interested.

Givi Monokey top case rack, Terry Adcox custom all day seat and a nice MRA smoked windscreen.

I also have Givi monkey side case racks available but haven't put them in the forum yet.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts