StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I was at the local bike show yesterday. My original intent was to look at the Duc 'Strada 950. When I saw the Vee2 for a lot less money it really got me thinking about it.
Looking at Cycle Trader, I see a lot of dealer listings for new 2014 ADV Vee2s in the $9k price range.
This seems like a great deal based on the original MSRP.
I would really like to get the feedback of some Troopers as I continue my next bike search.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I purchased a 2014 DL1000 left over, last year. I think I paid about 10,600 out the door.

I was surprised by how great a touring bike the V2 is. The suspension is super smooth and the down-low torque gives you plenty of power all over the place. Max torque is at about 4K rpms; so, you can get up to speed in no time. The brakes are incredible with great stopping power and includes ABS. I also like the additional traction control feature.

When touring the Interstates, the bike stays planted and feels really stable, even with significant crosswinds.

I have ridden a bit off road, not much, but she handled just fine on the roads I traveled.

I replaced the seat (sore after 15 min. ) and the windshield (felt like a bobble doll, at speed).

Bottom line, I could not be happier with my purchase. The bike is one incredible all-around ride, especially for the price.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Was this at the Chicago show? I was looking at the bike that Nielsens had. I would need to put another grand or two into farkles. I'll probably stay with my 2011 Wee,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was at the Pete's stand at the Baltimore show.
I saw that bike in Romney listed on Cycletrader. Definitely a good deal. I have to decide how bad I want the Adventure package or if it's a better value to go with the standard and add scaffolding like side cases later.
From what I've read, the adventure includes crash bars, side cases/mounts and hand guardside and the asking prices for bikes with the adventure package are about $1k more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello All,
I was at the local bike show yesterday. My original intent was to look at the Duc 'Strada 950. When I saw the Vee2 for a lot less money it really got me thinking about it.
Looking at Cycle Trader, I see a lot of dealer listings for new 2014 ADV Vee2s in the $9k price range.
This seems like a great deal based on the original MSRP.
I would really like to get the feedback of some Troopers as I continue my next bike search.
Subscribed. I just bought a 2002 and love the power but suspension is lacking. Looking at the $8000 leftover 2014s I am considering upgrading. Curious if there were any first year issues on the 2014s.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PerazziMX14,
I will buy you a beer instead of a case of beer next time I see you, how's that?

The "OTD" price on their site was, of course, not the OTD price. I did buy one from this dealer though.
The true price breaks down like this:

2014 DL1000 ABS
$8800 ($650 customer cash incentive removed as I went with Suzuki 0% financing instead of cash).
6% MD sales tax $528
$100 "prep" fee
$20 lien recording fee
$104 2 years tags
$12 temp tag
$50 doc fee
$9614 REAL OTD

Not bad considering other dealers in my area have much higher fees. All they really charged were the $170 prep/lien/doc fee, the tax and tags go to The Man.

Now I just need to pick it up and figure out how it is going to fit in my garage!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
PerazziMX14,
I will buy you a beer instead of a case of beer next time I see you, how's that?

The "OTD" price on their site was, of course, not the OTD price. I did buy one from this dealer though.

2014 DL1000 ABS
$8800 ($650 customer cash incentive removed as I went with Suzuki 0% financing instead of cash).
6% MD sales tax $528
$100 "prep" fee
$20 lien recording fee
$104 2 years tags
$12 temp tag
$50 doc fee
$9614 REAL OTD

Not bad considering other dealers in my area have much higher fees. All they really charged were the $170 prep/lien/doc fee, the tax and tags go to The Man.

Now I just need to pick it up and figure out how it is going to fit in my garage!
I got mine for a grand more OTD and at the time, I felt like I got a great deal.
As far as your deal, that is a lot of bike for 9,600 OTD. One of the best deals for any bike out there, I do believe.
This is the first bike I purchased where I haven't been looking much for what I will get next. For me, this bike has it all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Subscribed. I just bought a 2002 and love the power but suspension is lacking. Looking at the $8000 leftover 2014s I am considering upgrading. Curious if there were any first year issues on the 2014s.
There was a recall or two issued... Fairly minor and should be handled by dealer before you take delivery. Solid otherwise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was a recall or two issued... Fairly minor and should be handled by dealer before you take delivery. Solid otherwise.

Dealer is supposed to complete all recalls/bulletins before I pick it up. Do you know what recalls are out there? A fuel re-map I think?

Thanks for the welcomes Gents, I am looking forward to my new ride!
I love riding my Buell 1125CR but as I get older I find myself not requiring as much power and also wanting the ability to travel on rougher surfaces. I have been on some great remote back roads but couldn't enjoy to their full potential due to the stiff suspension on the Buell.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
PerazziMX14,

2014 DL1000 ABS
6% MD sales tax $528
$100 "prep" fee
$20 lien recording fee
$104 2 years tags
$12 temp tag
$50 doc fee
$9614 REAL OTD

Choosing 0% financing cost you $650:surprise:. So much for free money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it comes out to about 2.7% if you look at it that way. Worth it to me to keep my cash and use their financing.
Now to research bags, exhaust, maybe heated grips and hand guards.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Dealer is supposed to complete all recalls/bulletins before I pick it up. Do you know what recalls are out there? A fuel re-map I think?

Thanks for the welcomes Gents, I am looking forward to my new ride!
I love riding my Buell 1125CR but as I get older I find myself not requiring as much power and also wanting the ability to travel on rougher surfaces. I have been on some great remote back roads but couldn't enjoy to their full potential due to the stiff suspension on the Buell.
If you get the bike up and running in time, the Romney event is not far from you. Great riders and great time. I was one of the first to get a 2014 1000, and have never looked back. Besides the recalls, zero problems in 30,000 miles. I did change out the standard seat for a low seat, so I would not have to lower the bike. I love the windshield, as there is no buffeting at all for me, and it moves air around my chest in a great way. Accessories for sure- hard bags, engine guards, bash plate, gps etc.... Good luck with your purchase. I bet you will be very happy. :smile2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks chirosyd, can you elaborate on the recalls performed on your bike?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats on the new bike; I hope you enjoy it as much as I have done. The only recall I'm aware of is a wiring harness replacement. I understand that some owners have gotten new fuel mapping and new luggage racks under warranty, but don't think those are recalls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts