StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oem horn on my wife's new '13 Wee is not working. I don't know if it ever worked. I do know this: there's no power to it.

I did install EB PC8. I have aux lights, hand warmers, and a couple of 12v power ports going to PC8.

It appears the horn doesn't have its own fuse or relay that I've been able to find.

It has to be something simple. The wires are landed on the oem horn. I have been unable to find the other end of those wires.

With all the additional wiring I've added, taking it back to the dealer is not an option.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The horn gets power from the solid orange wire that comes on with the ignition switch. It's the main power that inputs into the fuse box for other items. The B/Bl wire from the horn button completes the ground circuit. It is a very rare example of a switch on the ground side. There is no connector on the hot side. The horn is considered a safety item so it is a direct connection to the fuse box. If the bike runs, the horn should get positive power. The ground connection through the button goes through a connector on the left side of the fairing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts