StromTrooper banner

New 2012 Wee Strom 650

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  V-Tom 
#1 ·
Just took delivery today of my new 2012 V Strom 650. I usually look for low mileage used bikes but because of the 0% financing, I couldn't resist the offer. Mighty glad I did. This is one very sweet ride. Ultra smooth motor and very little valve train noise. I was amazed by the acceleration and handling and never took it over 6K on the tach as per the break in. I guess all the reviews and magazine articles were not exaggerating, it really is that good a bike. The ergos are quite comfy and I have been riding cruisers for the last 20+ yrs. Can't wait until it gets fully broken in and the weather warms a bit more here in the northeast. And to think, I almost bought the 1000. Thank goodness I came to my senses. The difference in power is not worth the expense and the loss of the terrific handling just does not justify in my mind the price differential and better build quality of the Wee. Pics to follow.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard!

I'm sure you wil love riding you NewStrom! I can't wait to ride one!

Which Northeast are you in?

..Tom

#4 ·
congratulations. I am away from home for a week so can't ride. I have about 400 miles on my new bike, and love it more each time I get on it.

My wife told me she likes this bike more than any other bike I have owned. It is that good.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.