StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had a quick look at it today at the show.
Gota say that IMO the 12 model looks better in person than it does in the pics and makes something old look a little more modern. Price on the one I saw was $11490 ride away. Not sure how you'd go with knocking it down a bit.
I was not a real fan of the orange until I saw it in the flesh. It's a nice colour. Not really orange but more a bronze I think.
My mrs doesn't like the colour tho, thinks her orange 11 wee is much better.
Things that caught my attention on the 12 were small things I guess.
Liked the seat with it's Vstrom embellishment but didn't think it was as huggy but can't really tell from just sitting I guess
I think it would look nicer if the tank was one colour and my mrs agreed.
Liked the gauges as I think analog taco and digital speedo is the way to go for registering speed in a glance.
Ign switch looked cheep with the black plastic bit over it IMO. Is that the security feature thingo I wonder as noone could tell me either way.
Loosing the oil cooler is a good move. Having a heat exchanger at the oil filter is a better idea I think as it shouldn't be effected by sump guards slowing air flow and something I'm toying with for our bikes. Makes for more coolant hoses tho which could be a trade off.
All in all (and not having riden one yet) I think Suz has done a good job

·
Registered
221 Posts
Had a look at the beast today at the show. Must admit it did not look quite right to me, could be that I'm just a grumpy old bastard not wanting change from what I'm currently riding. New model is narrow, strange headlights, weird seat, shape of tank and the coolant hoses on the right side are very exposed compared to my 08 model, and there's more of them??? Just not something that could give me a stiffy, unlike some of the 2 legged females walking around at the exhibition :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts