StromTrooper banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Get the colours of the wires in the plugs as if they were plugged together as intended. Then we can check the schematic.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Or a TRE?

·
Registered
437 Posts
SpeedoDRD

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Speedo healer appears to be the correct answer. I has a little buttom on it labeled led light not sure what that does but heres the exact product. Edit: after watching the video it appears you program the offset of speedo with that button. Guess i need to get a gps so i can determine how far off it is to make sure its working right. Freebie discovery!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
speedo healer was dead on, so need need for adjustment, i'm assuming when PO did sprocket swap he installed this.

The PC is in and the bike runs much better. I didn't realize the lugging or steady throttle lack of power until I was able to ride the bike with the PC installed. I think the clutch chudder was actually compounded due to the bike not fueling correctly. 100x's better. The company I bought it from did a good job getting it to me in 3 days and pre installing the map in relation to my mods.

I also want to shout out to delkevic who gave great customer support. When my clamp wasn't getting tight they immediately put a shipment in for 2 clamps and 2 new gaskets in case I needed them. It's good to see a company taking care of their customers!

Pricetag:

$3k for the bike
$300 for PC V
$400 for pipes.
$20 air filter
$40 oil change (enough oil for 2 changes)

Let's just round up to $4k investment in a 17 year old bike! I think I will rest and just ride the thing for the season now!

Clutch basket mod to come this winter!

·
Administrator
16,825 Posts
Well done sir, and no question that bad fueling made the clutch chudder worse......glad you're getting it all dialed in.

·
Administrator
16,825 Posts
I run the Hi-flo.....they are great filters and very comparable to OEM.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Well I finally was able to find a license bureau (dmv is closed i hellinois), and got plates on it. I'm looking to make a road trip to tennessee and possibly all the way to the coast depending on how long i can be away. Any big things I need to look after on the bike that could leave me stranded? It seems very sound as this point, many talked about the stator but i'm not seeing issues. I'm going to ride it for a few weeks before the trip and set the chain slack one last time before I hit the road, but otherwise if you guys know of anything I should be checking into just to take precautions, that'd be great!

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,274 Posts
The most common failure that will leave you stranded is the charging system. It was HIGHLY recommended here to install a voltmeter.

·
Administrator
16,825 Posts
Install a waterproof voltmeter........enjoy your adventure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Is the best way to install the voltmeter to just run it directly to the postive and negative on the battery?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,274 Posts
No. That is a drain on the battery.

Install it anywhere you can properly tap into an "ignition on" wire. They draw almost no power, so you are not compromising that circuit ( factory heated grip connector is a favorite, but any will do ). Note that connecting to a wire in the front of the bike WILL almost certainly show less voltage than connecting at the battery. If that bothers you, simply test the battery voltage at idle and at 4000 rpm or so. Compare those numbers to the voltmeter readout. You will then know how much less the meter shows. That is good to know, but far from what makes the meter critical.

Your are looking for a change in readings from what you normally see!!!!! That is the value in the on-bike meter. That is why they are considered a necessity. You cannot get that kind of information from "testing" the battery voltage every week or two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome!
Bags are backwards. Check the chudder. Sync the throttle bodies and make sure the intake boots are seated and tight. Power Commander makes a big difference even with the stock setup.
Be careful of electrical accessories, Not a lot of extra wattage.
Be aware the 02-03s are not the same as the 04 on in a lot of aspects.
Nice Cee Bailey windshield. If you want a stock one I have an extra I'd sell.

You'll get lots of smiles per dollar with this bike!

Can 02-03 parts be replaced with later model parts?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Depends which parts.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Depends which parts.
Absolutely. If all parts could be swapped, there would not be a new bike every year, which hurts sales...

For a more practical answer, you will need to bookmark your favourite site that has the parts fiches. Mine is Motorcycle Parts From Europe’s Number 1 - MSP but there are others as well. When you want to know whether you can swap a part for an earlier/later model, simply look up your year bike, note down the part numbers (and possibly the part numbers of the things that the thing attaches to), and then do the same for the year bike that you want to swap in. If the part numbers match, it will work. If the part numbers don't match, well, it's anyone's guess.

Alternatively, if you already know the part number of the part that you want to swap, most of these sites have a "search by part number" function as well. Put in the part number and you'll get a list of all makes/models/years that use that particular part number. Which can be a huge list in case of generic, simple stuff like washers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Doing an oil change this morning. PO had a napa 1359 oil filter on it which looks longer than my hi flo 138 that im installing

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
How tight do you guys go with oil filter? I did hand tight then out a filter wrench on and it went 2 full turns.

·
Registered
945 Posts
How tight do you guys go with oil filter? I did hand tight then out a filter wrench on and it went 2 full turns.
I do hand tight - as tight as possible with two hands. Can't get them off without a wrench.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts