StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
THat looks real nice , the blue is a great colour goes well with the chunky crash bars

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The up grades to the engine, traction control and the abs braking system. Love the traction control in the corners, it really helps laying down a nice trac. Turning 61 in a few months and these features help keep it safe. Had abs on my beamers it’s nothing new, but you notice the traction control working right out the gate.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
The up grades to the engine, traction control and the abs braking system. Love the traction control in the corners, it really helps laying down a nice trac. Turning 61 in a few months and these features help keep it safe. Had abs on my beamers it’s nothing new, but you notice the traction control working right out the gate.
Interesting, TC and ABS stood out. That's good feedback, especially since I don't have TC on mine.

I have asked other new DL1000 owners and most say the upgraded brakes and suspension stand out above all else. The new TC system has an impressive spec sheet & description.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the exact model a week ago. I’m taking my two week vacation in Arkansas starting Monday. My brother-in-law and I are going to ride the Ozarks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations, though I haven't had my K7 long, some day I expect I'll be trading it in for a new one.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Congrats

Very nice!

I plan to own a 2014+ Vee, someday.

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Have put 400 plus miles on my new 2019 dl1000 XT. What big improvement over my first dl1000 that I bought new in 2006. New bluebird. First mod tall saddle.
I too went from a big red k6 to an '18 XT. Pretty much night & day difference.
And that engine definitely improves with another couple thousand break-in miles.
Congratulations. The blue is purdy.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yep!

Yes, me too.

:smile2:

I've wanted one ever since I rode a couple at the Romney event 2-3 years ago.

I don't like to spend a lot of money on motorcycle purchases, because I don't baby my bikes. I take very good care of them, mechanically, but spend no time cleaning them, etc.

Vee2s are darned nice. Plenty good enough for me.

I keep a lookout for them, but they're really holding their value well (IMHO), which I'm glad of for Suzuki and for everyone who has one, but it's taking longer for me to find one than I thought it would.

The search continues...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts