StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on the Zuk site

Check 'em out 8)

Anybody have any reliable info on a US release date? The wait is killing me...

-Jack

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, Rhino-

My dealer claims December for the 1000, March for the 650.

HH

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE

Nope, Suzi site still has no pics for me. I was able to view them back about 6 weeks ago, now just the frame of the viewing area appears and the middle is blank - a big white box.

Kawasaki drove people nuts last year with their take a year and a day to download "Flash Player" site and finally put up a non-flash option.

Good lord, buy a server, take some pics and type in some copy and ....
I don't know why these companies can't correct this major advertising flaw/embarassment.

-Bruce

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Adjustable screen

It really looks like the adjustable screen will bolt-on to the existing pre-04 fairing. I'm going to check it out and take lots of pics at the MC show on Nov. 22. I will post them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: Adjustable screen

Kidder said:
It really looks like the adjustable screen will bolt-on to the existing pre-04 fairing. I'm going to check it out and take lots of pics at the MC show on Nov. 22. I will post them.
I hope so... I am still on the quest for the perfect screen.

Steve

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, that was me. I don't know why this board does that. I logged in previous to posting, but it still posted as "guest"... :?

It looks like the upper fairing is slightly different than '02-'03...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rhinoWERX said:
...on the Zuk site

Check 'em out 8)

Anybody have any reliable info on a US release date? The wait is killing me...

-Jack
Surprise surprise
My wife just opened her purse and my Nutsack fell out.
I am putting my down payment down tomorrow on my 04 VStrom.
I hope the new windshields are all the rage. :wink:

·
Registered
167 Posts
rodan said:
Sorry, that was me. I don't know why this board does that. I logged in previous to posting, but it still posted as "guest"... :?

It looks like the upper fairing is slightly different than '02-'03...
So the shield in the picture is a Givi with a homemade cut? It looks like it would work. Do you have a template for the cut?

Steve

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made a template out of a piece of thin cardboard. Draw a curve for one side (center out), then flip it over to duplicate the curve on the opposite side. I started with a shallow cut, and just went gradually deeper until I got clear air at my helmet. A taller rider would want a shallower cut, a shorter rider a deeper cut. I would recommend doing it this way to get it right for you. For me, this design eliminated the turbulence, except in certain side wind or very heavy headwind situations, while still providing some protection to torso and shoulders.

I made the cut with a dremel tool using a "zip" bit, which looks like a drill bit, but is designed to cut sideways. They're available at most hardware stores. Smooth the final edge with a flap sander on the dremel, and use car door moulding to finish (available at most auto parts stores).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was me again. Don't know why it keeps posting as 'guest' when I'm logged in.... :?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
DirtyWurty said:
I hope the new windshields are all the rage. :wink:
Actually, the real rage is the fact that Bridgestone is making the 020 in the stock front tire size for the Strom. Didn't mean to steal your thunder! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts