StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clean your windsheild with Laquer Thinner, trust me. :evil: :shock:

(had this little tar spot or something on there, bad idea)

Hey Honey,
Remember I told you I wanted to order that new Givi windshield for the bike?

well

I am gonna do it this week, OK?
:roll:

M

·
0 Posts
Hopefully - you learned this on the lower section of your shield. If so - maybe you can tint it with spray paint or window film from the inside?

Hopefully, window film tint will hide the smudge marks?

ORRRR
Get your electric jigsaw out with a fine tooth saw blade (for cutting metal) and make yourself a custom Mini shield & paint the inside black?

Tom

·
Registered
285 Posts
I cleaned my faceshield with a product made for cleaning the glass
of digital scanners. It put a haze on it. Was an experience riding home
that night.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Try some Novus Plastic Polish number 2. Follow with Novus number 1.

I betcha it will be all better.

Jeff

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS !

I may try the Novus.. Anyone know where I can get it Local

Walmart, or Pep Boys or Advanced Autoparts? any others?

I want a new screen

but Honestly
I can NOT make up my mind which one to get.....

So much damned debate over these things had given me Purchase Anxiety....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Chris said:
I want a new screen

but Honestly

As a happy WindStrom Manta user, I would (of course) give my vote to the afore mentioned screen. :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I decided on the Windstrom Manta. They are backordered 2 to 3 weeks. I ordered it a few days ago. I'll give a report when I test it out.

Compared To What? said:
Chris said:
I want a new screen

but Honestly

As a happy WindStrom Manta user, I would (of course) give my vote to the afore mentioned screen. :wink:

L

·
0 Posts
If it's REALLY BAD, start with Novus 3, then 2, then 1. It will take out a lot of nasties from your screen. And speaking of screens, My vote is for the Cee Baileys 21.5 incher. Did a great job of getting rid of the buffeting and I can look over it with no problems. BTW, I'm 5-10 with 30" inseam.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Windstrom

I put some 1/2" rubber washers under the bottom of this shield with the shield in the lowest position, after I put my Corbin on, and it's great!! I can see over the top and I can use either my 1/2 helmet or my flip-up (even in the flipped-up position) and it's not a problem. I am the same size as LewStrom.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As a happy Givi screen owner, I'll put in my plug.

I've tried a CeeBailey's and the Givi and, of course, the stock shield. The Givi smooths out the turbulence the best (I'm 6'2"), looks sharpest and was in my price range.

I'd recommend it to anyone planning to ride the Strom for anything longer than 1-2 hour rides. In fact, I just got home from a 6500 mile trip around the western US. I didn't have problems at any speed (including some that weren't exactly legal...).

Good screen. I like it.

Ken

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Windstrom

cyclerama2000 said:
I put some 1/2" rubber washers under the bottom of this shield with the shield in the lowest position, after I put my Corbin on, and it's great!! I can see over the top and I can use either my 1/2 helmet or my flip-up (even in the flipped-up position) and it's not a problem. I am the same size as LewStrom.
Let me add, though, that with more riding I found that it does have turbulence over 60 mph. When that first happened I thought it was just because of bizarre cross-winds, but it happens all the time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Turbulance over 60 MPH

I have a Laminar Lip and once I get to around 60 MPH I begin to get more and more turbulance as well. Nothing as bad as the stock screen but definately noticable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I must be a real novice; the wind buffeting on my new DL1000 seems rather "normal" for riding a motorcycle. I did 403 mile trip on the second Saturday after I got the bike, and the only fatigue that I experienced was not having the grip strength to turn a door knob with one hand the next morning. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts