Strom Trooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We seem to never get enough of the Oregon coastline with all the grandeur and natural beauty.

Meredith and I were off for an extended weekend to Newport. We wanted to riding some of the small out of the way back roads to get there.

Stopped in the small town of Rainbow along Hwy 128 for breakfast...

Met up with a friend, Ken, in Walterville. He showed us some wonderful back roads to avoid Springfield and Eugene... then rode along with us to the coast for some lunch.

Ken showed us this picnic table by Alsea Falls.... It was the longest picnic table I’ve ever seen!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We rode both north and south of Newport, exploring along Hwy 101 the many state parks and roadside attractions. The weather on the Oregon coast is always a mixed bag... clouds, light rain, sun and morning fog.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When in Newport... we always eat at one of our favorite restaurants.... Sharks in the old wharf area.... and of course breakfast at Cafe Stephanie in Nye Beach.

Monday morning... back home to Bend

Afternoon thunderstorms beginning to build over the Cascades

We’re already talking about our next road trip.... because,

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...... Oregon does have a lot to offer motorcyclists.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks... Had plans on going to the V-Strom Rally, but Meredith's mother took a fall just before we were to leave (94y.o.) .... so, nothing broken, but had to make some changes in travel plans

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Sorry about Meredith's mother falling...that stinks!
I have a pic of me standing on that same rock at Alsea.. :)
and...is that bridge by Sauvie Isle?

Nice pix again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts