StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading from Athens Oh. back to NC, wanting to get to US 52 in W.VA. and lo and behold I encountered a rail road bed converted into a ROAD! It had, what seemed to be a looooong tunnel, and it seems like a long tunnel. My headlight on bright would not light the ceiling! Certainly shaped to fit a steam locomotive.

So if you want to ride a railroad tunnel without worrying about a train, this is a choice.

Interesting roads in and out!

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Weird, I just took the little yellow google man through it and came out the other side. :yesnod:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Heading from Athens Oh. back to NC, wanting to get to US 52 in W.VA. and lo and behold I encountered a rail road bed converted into a ROAD! It had, what seemed to be a looooong tunnel, and it seems like a long tunnel. My headlight on bright would not light the ceiling! Certainly shaped to fit a steam locomotive.

So if you want to ride a railroad tunnel without worrying about a train, this is a choice.

Interesting roads in and out!
Cool! I'd love to ride that on a moto! I rode a gravel rails-to-trails path over Snoqualmie Pass on I-90 in Washington on my mountain bike... 2 miles of pitch black with nothing but a dim flashlight taped to my handlebars. It was pretty gnarly; cold water dripping on me from the roof, random sandy washout areas trying to make me crash. I couldn't see a thing, except if I stared straight ahead I could vaguely sense walls in my peripheral vision.. but if I looked directly at the walls I could not see them.

It was a fairly harrowing, what, 10-15 mins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts