StromTrooper banner

NEVA22 - August 4 - 7 2022 - Danville, VT

11159 79
NEVA Rally

August 4 to August 7, 2022

Danville, VT

Sugar Ridge RV Park & Campground a Family Campground

What is NEVA? - A long weekend of riding and socializing with other V Strommers/AT riders with camping/motel-ing, a great place to actually meet fellow Stromtroopers.

For All Details Go To:

WWW.NEVARally.FUN

There's 8 campsites reserved, 3 tents per site. If these sites all fill up some sites can fit an additional tent. There's also a field for group camping, but it's on a hilltop with minimal level ground, good for about 8-10 tents. No one will be left out even if you decide to show up last minute.

Campsites are $42/night ($126 for 3 nights) which can be split between campers.

Campsite Status:

MK270 - blaustrom - Borghi - Markh
MO490 - sbeadg - JimG
MO492 - om28 -
MO495 - Philstrom - Ricktor - Forst cop
MO497 - TnkrPlt - KevinP - TonyMorr - doguinho
MO499 - Prathap Chandra -

Contact a site host for tent space, enter your campsite on the sign up sheet. Don't contact the campground.

For non-campers there's a Comfort Inn in St Johnsbury, about 8 miles away.

Comfort Inn St. Johnsbury 802 748-1500
703 US-5 St. Johnsbury Vermont 05819

You can cancel up until the day prior to arriving. They fill up fast due to the summer tourists. The cost per night is $269. two beds are available, so the room can be split to reduce costs.

The Danville Inn and Emergo Farm B&B which are about a mile away.

Emergo Farm 802 684-2215 261 Webster Hill Road Danville Vermont 05828
Danville Inn 802 684-3484 86 Route 2 West Danville Vermont 05828

Go to the signup sheet and sign up and prepare the ICE form.

Go to the routes tab and download the routes, routes info.

See you in the the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, great roads!

Save The Dates:
August 4 to August 7, 2022

This will be the 12th anniversary!

Come and join us for a couple of days of great rides and camaraderie in one of the North East best riding areas. The first weekend in August has historically been good weather and has become the weekend blocked in many calendars to come to the NEVA Rally. Spread the word and see you in Vermont!

For NEVA we are preparing, as last year, a dedicated website that will have all the relevant information for the rally: WWW.NEVARally.FUN

Reason being that Stromtrooper posts cannot be edited after a while. So by having the relevant info in one location will hopefully make it easier for everybody to stay informed. We will post here when there are significant updates.

Finally, please spread the word on other social media and blogs. All make/ models are welcome, even if its still a Vstrom ;-)
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Tiger 900GT, '14 Vstrom 1000 gone but NOT FORGOTTEN!
2,435 Posts
Riders and Friends,
Put the dates aside to attend his year's NEVA rally, as it is going to be awesome. Riding in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont is spectacular. Not much traffic, and beautiful roads. With the pandemic hopefully on its' way out, we should have a great turnout. Thanks to Don, Harmut and others for putting this together. Please be patient, it is still difficult to coordinate these events due to Covid. We will have everything in placew as information becomes available food, riding routes etc... . For sure hoping our Canadian riding brethren will attend. I slipped the border agents a few crisp $100 bills to let them over the border!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello coordinators ! Wondering what the thought is on camping arrangements.. Will there be a group tent camp or should attendees plan on securing an individual site? If individual, do you know if the campground will allow riders to double up on an individual site? I see you asked for patience and I only ask now knowing how quickly campgrounds can fill up..

Thanks for your time and energy to make this happen.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Details on camping arrangements will be posted in due course. No worry they will have sufficient capacity reserved for this event. That actually was the main problem in locating a suitable site for the venue.

So for now refrain from trying to book directly with the host facility please.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Supatramp,
Glad to see you are still around. Any chance of you making this event? It should be a real good one this year. Lots of great riding and tons of laughs!

Syd

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Supatramp,
If you want to stay over at my house in Lake George on your way up from Jersey, let me know. Some will be staying in motels for those that do not want to tent it.

Keep in touch and stay safe!

Syd

·
Registered
2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. KTM 500 EXC-F.
26 Posts
Very much looking forward to this. Sugar Ridge has a lot of open grassy spaces perfect for group camping. There is also a brewery, red barn brewing, practically within walking distance from the campground. Also per Google maps there looks to be a nice pub style restaurant nearby as well. This is going to be a great NEVA.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Very much looking forward to this. Sugar Ridge has a lot of open grassy spaces perfect for group camping. There is also a brewery, red barn brewing, practically within walking distance from the campground. Also per Google maps there looks to be a nice pub style restaurant nearby as well. This is going to be a great NEVA.

Mark
Mark,
Thanks for talking up this event. Those that have attended NEVA in the past, know how much of a great time is had by all. Great riding in the Northeast Kingdom.

Don, Harmut, Steve, myself and others are busy getting all the plans in order so we can have an awesome event.

EVERYONE, PLEASE GO TO THE LINK AND ADD YOUR NAME AND PARTICULARS TO THE SIGN UP SHEET AS SOON AS YOU ARE ABLE. AUGUST IS JUST 4 MONTHS AWAY!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked out the campground today. We've got 6 adjoining sites plus 2 more a short distance away, and each site will take 4 tents. The campground is only holding the sites until Memorial Day. You'll need to call the campground and reserve a site, tell them you're with the NEVA group, you'll be able to split the cost with 3 others. I'm on site MO492 and have room for 3 more tents.

Reactions: chirosyd

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I'd like to share that site with you Don.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Thank you Don for all your work on getting NEVA 22 up and running.

I will be checking out the motels and B+B's in the immediate area of the campground next Saturday, and share that information with those interested.

Syd

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
You've done yeoman's work and taken one for the team, finding and securing this location, Don.
I'm going to reserve an adjacent tent site and hold it for the group: but before I do, I have a message for attendees of last year's NEVA.

One of you left an empty ice cream cup and spoon on the ground next to my tent last year and walked away. It's not the cup and spoon that bothered me. It's the lack of consciousness or consideration for a fellow rider's space.

I didn't want to make an issue of it at the time but the act soured me to larger group meet-ups. The main reason I'm contributing this year, is to maintain some good friendships I've made over the years. I've done several multi-week solo bike trips and generally it's my preferred way to ride. I mostly attend these events for the social aspect at the campground and restaurant. I'm retired and don't need to get away on weekends to be with riders who don't pick up after themselves....Please be considerate.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not sure how many of us Canuckistans are going to show up. Right now our efforts are on plans to infiltrate the Ironhorse on May 12 to 15th. Hope to see y'all there! I'm sure we'll need at least one full campsite!
Have you seen those new Canadian 'BunkTents' ?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure how many of us Canuckistans are going to show up. Right now our efforts are on plans to infiltrate the Ironhorse on May 12 to 15th. Hope to see y'all there! I'm sure we'll need at least one full campsite!
Have you seen those new Canadian 'BunkTents' ?
I was hoping to get down to the Iron Horse, but life got in the way, planning to make it next year.

We'd love to see the Canadians after the 2 year absence. If you feel there's even a slight chance you'll make it put a deposit on a site or two, it's 100% refundable up to 24 hours before. As you may know camping has become hugely popular since covid with campgrounds fully booked months ahead.

Reactions: sbeadg and chirosyd

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks like 4 of the 6 sites have been booked. It would be great if we can get sites MO497 and MO499 booked, these are large grassy sites, the campground is only holding them until the end of the month.

If you book a site remember to mark it on the sign up sheet (landlord) or if you are plan to be on someone else's site mark that as well. (subleased)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Prathap, hope you can make the trip!

There's still 1 campsite available, it would be great if someone wanted to step up and book it through the campground. It's MO495, the largest of the 6, and we only have it on hold until the end of the month. You can share and split the cost with 3 others.

Reactions: Prathap Chandra

·
Registered
18 Posts
I reserved MO499, I think, waiting for confirmation.
They said two tents and four people allowed.
I have one of my own, so it leaves space for one more.
If anyone wants to share, kindly let me know.
We can split the cost, $126 for three nights.
So $63 for splitting.
Looking forward to visit Vermont.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts