Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEVA Rally

August 5 to August 8, 2021

Galeton; Potter County, Pennsylvania

For All Details Go To:

WWW.NEVARally.FUN

Go to the signup sheet and sign up and prepare the ICE form.

Go to the routes tab and download the routes, routes info.

See you in the Potter County, great roads!

Save The Dates:
August 5 to August 8, 2021

This will be the 11th anniversary!

Come and join us for a couple of days of great rides and camaraderie in one of the North East best riding areas. The first weekend in August has historically been good weather and has become the weekend blocked in many calendars to come to the NEVA Rally. Spread the word and see you in Potter County, PA!

For NEVA we are preparing, as last year, a dedicated website that will have all the relevant information for the rally: WWW.NEVARally.FUN

Reason being that Stromtrooper posts cannot be edited after a while. So by having the relevant info in one location will hopefully make it easier for everybody to stay informed. We will post here when there are significant updates.

Finally, please spread the word on other social media and blogs. All make/ models are welcome, even if its still a Vstrom ;-)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Awesome Blaustrom, thanks so much for organizing this AGAIN!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Tiger 900GT, '14 Vstrom 1000 gone but NOT FORGOTTEN!
2,366 Posts
Harmut,
Great job ( as usual). We will all need this weekend by the time it arrives. How many marriages must you be saving by putting on NEVA 21!!!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Hello all! I’ve been absent from this site for a couple years but I still get emails showing me the site is alive and doing well which I’m glad to see. I haven’t been to any gatherings in some time but NEVA is always one I wanted to go to and since it’s right next door in PA I was considering it. I still have my 2015 V-strom 1000 and just hit 22k back in November. Not much of a cold weather rider anymore but my girlfriend and I own a house now so I tend to find many projects around the house that keep my craving of the open road at bay. Hey Big B hope all is well. Hey Korny! Miss you brother!

-John

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I just checked out the NEVA21 site and signed up, it looks great, I'm really looking forward to it this year! I may incorporate NEVA into the end or beginning of a 10 day ride.

Reactions: chirosyd

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... I may incorporate NEVA into the end or beginning of a 10 day ride.
If you want to ride the area some more go to Hyner Run PA Sate park and book site #6. Has a water faucet and the fantastic washrooms right across. Can't be beat! Normally not booked since the site is small but plenty big enough for 2 tents. During the week the facility is likely not very much booked. We stayed there and at times there was hardly a soul there (autumn).

·
Registered
18-1000, 13-650
1,246 Posts
Sounds like fun! Count me in! Again! 😂

Reactions: om28

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Oh, goodie! So far no conflicts!

Reactions: Tnkrplt and om28

·
Registered
605 Posts
Saw the post for the event in the Skiman10000 hello thread. It's now on our radar for a trip. Current interest from 5 guys, so we should at least be a few more to the event. Skiman10000 is a nice addition to the Strom family. He is one of the 5 interested, so hopefully he can get the time.

I suspect more people could be looking for trips, since 2020 was such a poor year to touring. I had plans to increase my touring last year, but it went the wrong direction. At this point we don't know if the Canadian boarder will open up, so the limits us NH folk to heading your way.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Saw the post for the event in the Skiman10000 hello thread. It's now on our radar for a trip. Current interest from 5 guys, so we should at least be a few more to the event. Skiman10000 is a nice addition to the Strom family. He is one of the 5 interested, so hopefully he can get the time.

I suspect more people could be looking for trips, since 2020 was such a poor year to touring. I had plans to increase my touring last year, but it went the wrong direction. At this point we don't know if the Canadian boarder will open up, so the limits us NH folk to heading your way.
2020 poor year? Usually my average is 30 000km a year. Last year was 43 000 km (thanks to COVID and luck of work). 2000 this season already

·
Registered
605 Posts
2020 poor year? Usually my average is 30 000km a year. Last year was 43 000 km (thanks to COVID and luck of work). 2000 this season already
Glad someone enjoyed it. I cleaned up my finances and had promised myself I would enjoy my freedom when I did so. However I like to travel into Canada, and I really want to go to Newfoundland. That just wasn't possible.

I took a few trips last year, but states just didn't enjoy visitors. I enjoyed foliage in northern NH last year, and a few weekend trips into VT. In 2019 took tours in on all the good states for riding in the east. It was hard to just give that all up in 2020, when I wanted to do more! I want to get to Newfoundland if they'll allow it.

This year maybe things will clear and I can enjoy wearing out my current strom. With only 42,000 miles I figure I've got a few good years left in her. I normally do about 15,000/yr and hoped to up that to 20,000. It would be really convenient if I got fired and could just tour for awhile... I mean job searching in states with curves.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am planning to attend and have made reservations at Pine Creek. I filled out the roster and printed the I.C.E. form. I will be on my second VStrom, a 2019 650 XT Tour and coming from Columbiana, OH. See you all there.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the club! There will be no single tracks in the "official" routes which we will post later. We rode all no paved roads last year with a 2014 V2, no skid plate, just 80/20 tires.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just a note to let those in attendance at NEVA 2021 know that Harley Davidson will be in Coal Township, PA with the Pan America 1250 for Demo Rides from August 6-8
Coal Township, PA is about 2 hours South of Galeton, PA

Reactions: om28

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm hoping to make it pending my calendar.

Reactions: chirosyd
1 - 20 of 29 Posts