StromTrooper banner

81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Do we have any indication that camping will be allowed? I'm not even sure the borders will be open. .....
Starting a website dedicated to this event was pure genius, so thanks to whomever pulled that trigger. .....
The latest news, which is about 2 weeks ago, was they are not open. I will wait a little longer and contact them again. The NY counties where we intended to go are in "phase 2" of opening. I think there is a reasonable chance it will be open by end July. Not so sure about the border so ... I will post here any real news.

The website is a Google Canned Website interface where I just added pictures and some text to make the whole thing a little more attractive. Plus I can edit at will whereas the Stromtrooper posts are locked after a while. All relevant info is at WWW.NEVA20.com in one place. That domain cost me all of 1$ for 12 month. (y)

So lets keep fingers crossed that we will have a 10th anniversary NEVA this year!

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Duncan,
Please keep us informed if you find out any additional information regarding the border. It would be a shame if you guys were unable to attend. I am scheduled to leave on August 14th for Nova Scotia, but that may not take place if the border remains closed. You Canadians are taking your country's safety and border pretty seriously. Sound familiar?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
UPDATE:
BeaverDel Camping is now open! And so is their hotel activity. So this is good news I think.

We will go there in a couple of weeks to scout out the routes we have in mind. After that visit we will report back any significant news.

For now those south of the border we can plan on NEVA 20 to actually take place. Not so sure for the friends north of the border since just now there has been only a very tentative little opening of the border for family reunions (and they need to 14 days quarantine!). I think not so likely it will be fully open by end July. Will keep fingers crossed so!!!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
UPDATE:
BeaverDel Camping is now open! And so is their hotel activity. So this is good news I think.

We will go there in a couple of weeks to scout out the routes we have in mind. After that visit we will report back any significant news.

For now those south of the border we can plan on NEVA 20 to actually take place. Not so sure for the friends north of the border since just now there has been only a very tentative little opening of the border for family reunions (and they need to 14 days quarantine!). I think not so likely it will be fully open by end July. Will keep fingers crossed so!!!
Keep them crossed all the time. I do want to go and ride with you again Mr. Blaustrom. (The another one too - you know who you are😀)

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I just received an email from the campground confirming my reservation. Yes, we are a go for N.E.V.A. 20! Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Regarding the border- I had a trip scheduled for Nova Scotia two weeks after NEVA.
I have changed the trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway after finding out out it will be impossible to cross from the U.S. into Canada and back again. It MAY be different from Canada crossing into the U.S. and back into Canada. I believe Canada is more stringent. Certainly you should check with any of your contacts.

81 - 100 of 162 Posts