StromTrooper banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Cabin fever anybody yet?

It’s only about 6 month til NEVA20. Go get your bikes ready!

We settled on the venue for NEVA20. We will go and do a scouting trip come spring to confirm all what was said and hopefully there will be no need to change our minds. We are excited about the location and hope so is everybody else. All relevant details have been added to WWW.NEVA20.COM

NEVA 20 will be held at:

Beaver-Del Hotel & Campground

in the Catskills of New York

8560 County Road 17; East Branch, NY 13756

Tel: 607-363-7443 or 201-421-1576

https://www.beaverdel.com/hotel-rv-tents

NOTE: Google map shows the wrong location for this address!

Use the following coordinates: 42.0009777; -75.1519138

Beaver-Del Info Link

Camping:

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR THE GROUP PRIMITIVE TENT SITES

There is ample space reserved for our group and you pay only when you show up as follows:

Per person the charge for the group is:

· Single night at $10

· Two, Three or Four nights flat rate of $20 and additional nights (more than 4) at $5.

Note: Power for Cpap’s or gadget charging will be available at/ near our designated camping area. As a precaution, bring an extension cord so you can get power to your tent, if you need it in the tent. We will arrange for a “charging station” to keep the electronics happy.

If you want to reserve a hookup site for example to bring a camper or need power and water you need to make your own reservation. The hookup sites are not included in our arrangements. Mention NEVA20 if you call them.

There is a limited number Motel rooms, probably 6. You need to make your own reservation if you want a room. They are basic! Here are the details for the rooms:

Each room has 1 double bed and a full bath with a shower. Rooms are small and do not have TVs. If you reserve a hotel room it will require a $30 deposit; total is $50 per night. Rooms may be cancelled 1 week before the reservation without any penalty.

NOTE: To book a room contact Elyce (owner) directly through her cell (201-421-1576 voice or text) or email address ([email protected]). They have blocked out the rooms for our group so you are not able to book them via the website.

Food and Drink:

If we have enough interest we can get a Buffet Breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning.

If we have enough interest we can get a Buffet Dinner on Friday and Saturday evening.

Food and Drink choices and cost are summarized here:

Food and Drink Info

There is no need to pre-pay for Breakfast or Dinner but we need you to mark your interest in the signup sheet so BeaverDal can plan (staffing and pre-order the food). We must have that information asap but latest one month before the rally. There will be some flexibility, we know life happens, but if nobody commits we won’t have catered breakfast or dinner.

If you want vegetarian food, please mark your entry with a “V”!

Signup Sheet Link:
Signup Sheet Link

Emergency Contact Form Link:
ICE Form Link

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Harmut,
Looking good. Can't wait for the riding season to begin!

I predict this will be an epic N.E.V.A. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Damn, 1 hr 21 mins away from my house. Was hoping for a longer ride, LOL. also looking forward to getting out riding-kinda depressing actually. 7 deg F this am. I'm sure others here have ridden in that cold but not 4 me. Closest friend has permanent face damage from frostbite caused by skiing around 0 deg F years ago. 1" square spot under his eye "weeps" (looks wet) all the time.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I am not into big group rides either, but the evenings interest me...I would like to attend if I have no family commitments...
There usually aren't any BIG rides, you can go off on your own or put together a ride with 1 or 2 others.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Max,
I have attended all of the NEVA events over the past nine years. As om28 said - there are no BIG rides. Typically, a few to four or five go off on an onroad or onroad/offroad ride. Most of us have ridden together, and know of everyone's competency to ride in small groups.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
This looks like it is going to be a great NEVA. I have missed the last 2 or maybe even 3 so I am going to do my best to make this one!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Damn, 1 hr 21 mins away from my house. Was hoping for a longer ride, LOL. ……
Well there is no rule that says that you need to take the shortest and most boring route to come to the rally …
:devilish: :devilish:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hoping that I can make it to NEVA20.

There's some pretty cool stuff around. One example, riding 31 miles west (about 45 minutes), to Lanesboro, PA, is the Starrucca Viaduct. Built in 1848, it is the world’s largest stone railway viaduct. At a cost of $320,000 (adjusted to $9.5 million in today’s dollars) it was the most expensive railway bridge in the world.

It is on Google maps at N41.963155, W75.583228. Check out that street view! Once you see it on your computer screen you won’t want to miss it in real life.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
I will be there, this forum looks pretty quiet even for winter, some of my old stomping grounds from
50 years ago. Had a ticket to Woodstock before they moved it, I said no thanks when it was supposed to be 40,000 not the 1/2 million super cluster F'ck it turned out to be

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yes, too many makes of "adventure bikes" these days plus a declining number of riders. So the more important for those left to stick together. Rich please contact the early NEVA members, would be nice if most of the first-timer would come.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts