StromTrooper banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
You lucky basters👍. (You and the Blue one). Stay safe and ride safe all of you guys attending. I wanted so much to ride with you 2 guys again. Oh well. Hopefully next time. At list because of that covit story I've had a chance to make 10 days (5000km - 3650miles) trip to Gaspe Peninsula (Quebec) and North portion of Saint Lawrence River again. That's after postponing it for 5 years because on NEVA. To bad we can't make it this time though. Cheers everybody!
Missing you too Ricky. Just talked about the the time you forgot your rain fly
last night at dinner. Hopefully we get together again soon !

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well good luck for your procedure! I think coming to a rally would be your preferred activity but sometimes priorities do dictate differently.
I sure wish I could have been there. The Dr. Poked a hole in my ear drum and used a vacuum to suck out some fluid. Didn't get as much as he hoped. I was hoping for instant relief but got 18 hours of pain and headache instead. I don't think I could ride and tolerate the buffeting sounds.

I hope you all have fun and good weather.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I guess you're right. There is 6 bikes...and what is the one on the most right?
It's my Tiger 800 XCx

Rick, I got decals (aka 'dickels') to send you and the rest of the Canadian gang.
Please PM me your home address so I can send them to you.
The Kanooks were greatly missed in this awesome event.

As for vstroms vs other bikes - Here's my opinion and 2c, take it or leave it
The NEVA event attendance is dwindling. There are many reasons for that, one is that lowered availability of VStroms given the fierce competition (as can be seen in the photo).
NEVA should change from a VStrom event to an adventure event. North Easy adVenture rAlly
This will revive this special event
I'm interested in riding with riders with the same mindset, not the same motorcycle mode.
Marketing NEVA in ADVRider will bring the much needed fresh blood and return the event to its glory days.
Many riders in the event this weekend avoided dirt roads - We were the fast group and nobody passed us, yet they all hit the restaurants first..

ADV is about some off road, otherwise the event is a pure road touring event.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I have some very nice photos and a few videos. will upload them all into a Google Photo Album by EOD today and post the link here.
Other riders, please upload your photos and videos into this central album.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There used to be an adventure ride set up by a fellow on ADV that I've ridden with often enough. They used to camp out at peaceful valley campgrounds, couple miles from the Beaver Del. (Lucky if you find a spot with cell service, otherwise a fantastic site.) Last weekend in August type of thing. He got tired of setting up the gathering but I guarantee if advertised right you can grab a bunch of that group. I think some of them were with us this weekend actually.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Just want to say thanks to all the guys who picked me up over and over. I am a little like a pinata
as Clint Eastwood USA philosopher said " A man has to know his limitations"

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Rich
Those hero sections were hard and unplanned.
Don't be hard on yourself.
I've been picked up a few times in my life. Live and learn.

I'm glad you showed up for the anniversary

Yuval

Reactions: Borghi

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's my Tiger 800 XCx

Rick, I got decals (aka 'dickels') to send you and the rest of the Canadian gang.
Please PM me your home address so I can send them to you.
The Kanooks were greatly missed in this awesome event.

As for vstroms vs other bikes - Here's my opinion and 2c, take it or leave it
The NEVA event attendance is dwindling. There are many reasons for that, one is that lowered availability of VStroms given the fierce competition (as can be seen in the photo).
NEVA should change from a VStrom event to an adventure event. North Easy adVenture rAlly
This will revive this special event
I'm interested in riding with riders with the same mindset, not the same motorcycle mode.
Marketing NEVA in ADVRider will bring the much needed fresh blood and return the event to its glory days.
Many riders in the event this weekend avoided dirt roads - We were the fast group and nobody passed us, yet they all hit the restaurants first..

ADV is about some off road, otherwise the event is a pure road touring event.
Hi Yuval,
Thanks for thinking of us Canucks. We are definitely there in spirit(s) LOL.
Hope you are having great weather and fun rides. See you next year.
Say hello to all the gang from me. Ride safe.
Danny C.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Just returned from NEVA Catskills. Harmut and Ron did a tremendous job in setting this up - a sincere thanks to both of you! In addition, thany you to RichW for having the forethought 10 years ago and starting this event.

On a sad note- our Canadian brethren were sorely missed

Hope everyone else had a great time. Next year in Pa.?!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Just returned from NEVA Catskills. Harmut and Ron did a tremendous job in setting this up - a sincere thanks to both of you! In addition, thany you to RichW for having the forethought 10 years ago and starting this event.

What a great event. Kudos and respect to Harmut and Ron.
Also respect for these two young gentlemen going through hero sections at their early age.
I can only hope that I can ride like that in the future :)

The location was perfect (except for the highway), food was amazing, the tracks/routes were amazing, especially Friday's pre ride lol. I enjoyed it so much.

No sad note - nobody got hurt. It is life.
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I'll know we'll meet again

some sunny day!

·
Registered
232 Posts

Hey Syd,
Sorry to have missed this great event.
I missed you guys too. Glad a good time was had by all.
See you as soon as possible ;-)
DannyC.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The NEVA 2020 photo album is ready

At this point in time I blocked collaboration because I don't want people I don't know on the internet to cause damage and upload all kinds of unwanted content
If you have photos or videos to upload you can send them to me directly, with we transfer, and I will upload.
PM me for the email if it is relevant.

Reactions: Wreckster
201 - 220 of 232 Posts