StromTrooper banner

181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Everyone - less than 1 week away, and we are actually going to pull off this event!. Who would have believed that the 10th Anniversary of NEVA would take place in Upstate N.Y.? This is a testament to Harmut and Ron's hard work, and RichW's foresight 10+ years ago. I am super excited to get together with you guys and ride the Catskills!🥳

·
Registered
600 Posts
Many thanks to Hartmut for the excellent planning and organization. From the website to meetings with the campground staff to maps and routes, all done with excellence!. Lets make this the greatest NEVA we can knowing our Canadian brothers will be sadly missed!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
Final Update:
We are all set to go. When you get to BeaverDel, go into the hotel/ restaurant building and ask for Elyce (the owner). She will check you in. Tell her if you are Hotel or Tent participant, how long you are going to stay and what meals you want to participate in. She will charge you and add your name to her meals list.

Go to the "Rides" Tab of the website, read the information and be aware of the DISCLAIMER. Download the BeaverDel approach and NEVA20 Rides information, ride restaurant menus and GPS files. Be prepared to navigate on your own, if need be. So if you don't have a GPS bring the appropriate maps.

Go to the ICE form, download it, fill it in and put it in your riding jacket. Hopefully we won't need it!

NY requires masking when in public spaces so make sure to bring a suitable face mask! It would also be prudent to travel with some hand sanitizer so you can keep your hands virus free while on the road.

Timing for breakfast and dinner (buffet style outside under the tent) are as follows:
Breakfast: 8AM (+/ -15 minutes)
Dinner: 7PM (+/ -15 minutes)

Bring a chair so we can spread out around the fire so everybody has a good time and we are all safe.

As of now weather looks good .... and also here, keep fingers crossed!

Finally, the Bethel Woods Museum is open again, at 25% capacity. So hopefully we can enjoy a trip into the past ....

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Headed to Beaver Del tomorrow (Wednesday). If anyone wants to show up early a few of us will be there!
Must be nice to have unlimited time off you 1%'rs!!!
Lol.

I will be arriving Thursday afternoon, and look forward to dinner on Thursday night with early arrivers.😀

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shoot, I'm still trying to soften the wife up on me leaving friday night vs shooting up there saturday morning.

What time is kickstand up saturday?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Well tell her these guys are starting early to beat the heat and it's much safer if you ride up in good time the day before.

There is no official kickstand up time. We are all adults and many do what they please. To do the route comfortably with some bio - and lunch - breaks it makes sense to leave about 9 AM. At least for me I want to be on the road by then, ideally earlier.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Looks beautiful, should be there for dinner on Friday.

Reactions: Borghi

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Just arrived!!!!!
You lucky basters👍. (You and the Blue one). Stay safe and ride safe all of you guys attending. I wanted so much to ride with you 2 guys again. Oh well. Hopefully next time. At list because of that covit story I've had a chance to make 10 days (5000km - 3650miles) trip to Gaspe Peninsula (Quebec) and North portion of Saint Lawrence River again. That's after postponing it for 5 years because of the NEVA. To bad we can't make it this time though. Cheers everybody!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Arriving tomorrow afternoon

Some history for first timers:

181 - 200 of 231 Posts