Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEVA20
Catskills NY - Cooperstown - Woodstock

Save The Dates:
July 31 to August 2, 2020

This will be the 10th anniversary!

NEVA20 will be in the Catskills, close to Cooperstown and for those left over Hippies close to Woodstock!

Come and join us for a couple of days of great rides and camaraderie in one of the North East best riding areas. The first weekend in August has historically been good weather and has become the weekend blocked in many calendars to come to the NEVA Rally. Spread the word and see you in the Catskills!

For NEVA20 we are preparing a dedicated website that will have all the relevant information for the rally: www.neva20.com

Reason being that Stromtrooper posts can not be edited after a while. So by having the relevant info in one location will hopefully make it easier for everybody to stay informed. We will post here when there are significant updates.

We have not made the final selection of the camping location but we think this will be finalized in the coming couple of month.

We could do with a few more attractive images of past NEVA's to add to the memories image carousel.

Finally, please spread the word on other social media and blogs. It would be great if all the participants of the first NEVA could join and be recognized having started this event!

·
Super Moderator
16,228 Posts
Stuck the thread for ya for more exposure.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Harmut,
Great website! Looks like you are off to a successful start. Might I recommend riders drop off information about this event at their local dealers when more details become available?

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi , Guys ,, I think there is an incredible cave system near there , with a boat ride at the bottom , that might make an interesting day trip . My folks took us there maybe 50 years ago ! Howe Caverns ?

/ Alex .

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Alex, you are correct and have a good memory. Howe Caverns is a cool place, and worth experiencing.

Your dates are off though, as it couldn't have been 50 years ago-you weren't even born yet!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Great beginnings with the awesome website Harmut, After so many years riding to stromtrooper events I find I can’t wait till the next event to come along. Thanks for all those who have organized past neva’s as I have met and enjoyed the company of fellow riders and will do so in the future , See you guys/girls next year, Ted

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thanks Blaustrom for taking this over this year, I know we kind of forced it upon you and you weren't excited to do it, but you have really stepped up to the plate!! I used to plan on attending V-Strom events around my work schedule, now I plan my work schedule around the events, so I can now safely say that I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Awesome job Hartmut....site is great ! So far it looks like the Foreign Legion will be in full force. I'm sure the rest will join in later. Just a day trip for us this time, so most of us will be there on Thursday evening.
If you check with Kevin, he may have email addresses for some of the guys from earlier on....they may not check in on Stromtrooper and we would hate to miss them.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
…… If you check with Kevin, he may have email addresses for some of the guys from earlier on....they may not check in on Stromtrooper and we would hate to miss them.
Syd, here is a job for you ;-) Can you chase down the initial riders? I put an entry on the Facebook site (Sons of Practicality) but nobody posted there for 2 years. Seems practicality is not in any longer ...

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Syd, here is a job for you ;-) Can you chase down the initial riders? I put an entry on the Facebook site (Sons of Practicality) but nobody posted there for 2 years. Seems practicality is not in any longer ...
Harmut,

Will do. I have a list of riders I contacted for last year's N.E.V.A. Sons of Practicality Facebook site was created by Uval. I will also contact our fearless founder ( RichW ), and see if he kept any contacts. Winter goes a little easier if we focus on the coming motorcycle riding season.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
16,228 Posts
Real nice looking web page, beautiful riding up there for sure. If y'all ever need any editing done to the initial posting here, please let me know and I am glad to do it. I'd love to come, but I am honestly not real fond of big gatherings or riding in groups....getting worse as I get older. :(

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am with you, no big groupe rides for me either. This year our groups were 2 and 3. So that should not stop you. Also sadly its not likely to be a huge gathering. If we do good maybe 30 - 31 with you:wink2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
This will be another great NEVA event, in my calendar.
Thanks to all involved to organize these gatherings.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks Hartmut!!
Yes count me in as well. Always a pleasure to see you all.
Looking forward to it.
Best wishes to all for a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and other good wishes of the season and a Happy and healthy 2020 to all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great location < 2.5 hrs away from home! I'll be there camping hopefully, hope some others here plan on "roughing it" also

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Blaustrom Join New England Riders on face book They have GPS routes of good rides including that area for easy downloads to Basecamp.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts