StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this on the USA site. Not sure if the Covid Wall along the border will be down by then... here's hoping.

Surf's Up !

Larry

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I am hopeful the border will be open by then BUT it is way to early to tell. Nice run from Ottawa. I think I will want a real bed.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
We are all routing for you! Last year it looked as if NEVA would not be possible and in the end we lucked out and pulled it of. So hopefully this year will be the same for border crossing :)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
There is some excellent riding in this area. Let's hope the border is open.
The vaccine is making its' way around the U.S. Production is slowly going to catch up, in addition to a third pharmaceutical company coming out with a vaccine. NEVA21 is six months away, by then we all should be in a better place. I wonder how Canada is doing economically with the borders shut down to tourism?!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I wonder how Canada is doing economically with the borders shut down to tourism?!
The Conference Board of Canada calls 2020 the 'deepest recession in modern times', with a drop in GDP estimated at 5.3%. That's a number that probably would have been worse, but there was some rebound during the partial re-openings over the summer. They're estimating 5.3% growth for 2021, but state that it's dependent on a vaccine rollout. Other sources report that the rollout is not going well so far.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
The Conference Board of Canada calls 2020 the 'deepest recession in modern times', with a drop in GDP estimated at 5.3%. That's a number that probably would have been worse, but there was some rebound during the partial re-openings over the summer. They're estimating 5.3% growth for 2021, but state that it's dependent on a vaccine rollout. Other sources report that the rollout is not going well so far.
Unfortunately, I don't believe we have even begun to realize the full economic repercussions of this pandemic. I hope I am wrong. Maybe the sectors of our economy that are doing well, will carry the economy to a better place. We shall see. In the meantime, nothing better than motorcycling as a means of social distancing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"In the meantime, nothing better than motorcycling as a means of social distancing."

Hello Syd. Hope to see you in PA this summer... at a distance, of course!

Larry B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts