StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sandy and I are planning on coming if we can get a cabin.

What days will rides be planned for?

Thanks,

..Tom
Definite rides on Friday and Saturday. I am trying to plan the routes for one of the days so they will intersect in Bala between 12 & 2 ....so I can BBQ up some burgs for everyone at the cottage on the Moon River, and those who want to, can go for a swim.
There are enough route options for a Sunday ride as well, since it's a Canuck holiday on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Haven't seen Shane since we first met on the way to the Fall Peep Show a few years ago. I am surprised he didn't fry the stator much sooner, given his "ride it like you stole it" style!>:)
when Phil wrote that he saw him on the side of the road waiting for a flat bed i thought for sure he crashed again haha.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
sure. why not.
I actually see they have an overflow area for 20 a night and you don't have to reserve it, so i'll be in for that actually. I just need a patch of grass to put my tent :) I dont know my work schedule that far in advance yet to know what 3 nights I can stay.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey Danny,
Glad to see you are still riding. Haven't seen you in a few years. Happy to see you will be attending. How cool is that- a bunch of Americans heading to Canada for motorcycling. :laugh2:
Hey Syd,
Yes still riding but not enough. Just too busy with other things. Really happy to see Phil organizing the rides up in that beautiful area with great roads and scenery. Looking forward to seeing all your happy smiley faces. :grin2:
Ride safe,
Danny C.

Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Southwood Road is awesome but heed the warning from Shane on his Ontario Roads string.
For those of us too lazy to read an entire thread to capture one sentence, could you perhaps provide Cliff's Notes?

Ann seems excited to see everybody again, primarily because the ride is short enough that she (probably) won't fall asleep on the way....

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
For those of us too lazy to read an entire thread to capture one sentence, could you perhaps provide Cliff's Notes?
Here's the Cole's notes:
Southwood Rd 13: this road is one of the most technical roads in Ontario and also has a few very dangerous spots. On this road you will encounter two railroad crossings that you would be well served to slow down for. You will also find significant frost heaves in mid-corner combined with opposing traffic that do not have the ability to stay in their own lane. Sand and gravel are considered local wildlife here. That said, it's an amazing road.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
:mod2_clap: It's about time.
Hey NJbill, are you planning to make the run up to visit the Canuks on this trip? I have been looking for a ride to join next year and would be coming up from Mullica Hill, Let me know if your thinking of joining.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think I will need my yearly fix of poutine so I will be working my schedule to try and make this.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Here's the Cole's notes:
Southwood Rd 13: this road is one of the most technical roads in Ontario and also has a few very dangerous spots. On this road you will encounter two railroad crossings that you would be well served to slow down for. You will also find significant frost heaves in mid-corner combined with opposing traffic that do not have the ability to stay in their own lane. Sand and gravel are considered local wildlife here. That said, it's an amazing road.
Sounds like Arden Rd. I ride it all the time because it's close to home :)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I think I will need my yearly fix of poutine so I will be working my schedule to try and make this.
wrong province if you want the good stuff, head east and do the Gaspe Peninsula before or after NEVA if you have an extra 4 or 5 days. Amazing area to ride with amazing food!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
KOA update

Hey gang.....I see a lot have booked already, thanks ! I checked with a couple if guys that had booked a trailer pull-through site from 26 to 35 to see what they paid. They had paid more than promised by Paul the co-owner....but no problem. I just left KOA, and the lady at the front desk realizes the errors, but the system wasn't allowing her to override the price down to $45/night tax included. She has a Stromtrooper/NEVA18 list posted on the wall behind the desk with all the sites, cabins and pull-throughs listed with names of the paid campers. She will be reimbursing all who paid too much next year upon check-in.
Here is an inside shot of cabin #7. It's really a 3 person maximum cabin ..... unless of coarse you are planning on attending Brokeback NEVA >:)

I realize NEVA is a long way off, but if you don't book your site before October 14th, you will not be able to specify a site number using the KOA online booking system. The prices will also increase on all sites to 2018 rates.

Cabins C4 to C7

Interior

Washrooms and showers .... nice and close

·
Registered
508 Posts
unless of coarse you are planning on attending Brokeback NEVA >:
is that a pun about my bike's rear end getting raped by a tiger :wink1::var_50:

also do the showers require coins?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I may be able to come however I'm leaving for Seattle, Texas, Alabama up through Michigan and home around end of July.
I'll be coming up Hwy 69 so I'll be passing right by, If I'm home earlier I'll come down, however due to the uncertainty of my ETA dates booking motels may not be an option. We'll play it by ear....lol

Thanks to all involved for your hard work:thumbup::hurray:

41 - 60 of 342 Posts