StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We the North, invite you the South, to the North East V-Strom Adventure rally in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada !

When - August 3 - 5, 2018

Where - KOA Gravenhurst, Ontario
(2 hours north of Toronto)

KOA photos of sites here. (right click - open in new tab)

Not a lot of campsites around for tents, that have cabins as well for the old farts (me included), so the KOA fits the bill with 2 sizes of cabins, wooded tent sites that they will allow 2 tents and 2 bikes....as well as a large overflow area for last minute arrivals at $20 CDN a nite, with no reservation required, but they will save it for us, if we have enough attendees.

Tent sites are $45 CDN/night tax included, cabins average $87 CDN/night and they will allow us to use trailer sites as well that start at $51 CDN/night. You can navigate the KOA site for pricing details.

This is our Civic Holiday weekend on the Monday, so a very busy time for the KOA. Any tent sites must be paid in full and there are no cancellations or refunds. Also, there is a 3 night minimum, so arriving Thursday night for a Friday ride, and leaving Sunday, eliminates heavy traffic issues on the way up and back, since our holiday is the Monday. The overflow area is paid by night.

The grassy picnic area has a good sized gazebo for Saturday's dinner, as well as a central fire pit. There is lots of room for tents by the trees, that will be shaded in the afternoon. The owner will set up hydro at the gazebo, and I will bring power bars for anyone needing a charging station. If it rains Saturday night, we can use the upper room in the barn.

I have set up a GOOGLE DOCS spreadsheet for an initial head count so I can get the overflow by the picnic are reserved a.s.a.p. Please sign up by October 8th, if you think you will make it. I will add other columns as we go.

I will be posting some routes I have done in the area in the next day or so....all are awesome runs paved or gravel. Lots of things to see as well, and I will post them too.

The Foreign Legion welcomes y'all to Canuckistan >:)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
NEVA 18 - In Canada eh !

In like Flint!

Phil, google docs says I need permission to access. Not sure if you want to make public or approve each individual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Phil,
Do you know when the campground will be taking reservations for this event? I went online and could not make one for 2018.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will need to call them to make a reservation, as the 2018 calendar is not available on the master KOA site. I figure once I have a rough total on October 8th, we can start calling to book. I would like to book tent sites 14 - 17, as well as 24 -34 across the road (more $ as they are camper back-in sites), then we have C4 - C7 cabins straight across. Take a look at the map below at the curve beside the barn.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Great.
I will do my best to join. Need to see there are no other conflicts (family, magazine...)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would love to be around for this one as it's only about a 4.5 hour ride from me, but if I miss my niece's wedding that weekend I might need to keep going west to escape the family's wrath! LOL

Enjoy and post lots of pics.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts