StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my somewhat regularly scheduled trip to The Netherlands to see family. This trip is a little different that I have three friends traveling with me and we are staying in Amsterdam. Normally I stay in Amersfoort.

The friends want to ride while we are there. Currently we are looking at picking up rental bikes early on Day A and spend the day sightseeing things that are off the usual tourist path. Spend the night in a small Inn (the more motorcycle friendly the better). Then on Day B continue the tour and head back to the rental location before they close.

With all the research we can do online I have found some place to rent from; but, a personal recommendation goes a long way! Hopping on a train/public transit is not a problem - just don't want to travel a couple of hours to do it unless they come with a kudo's.

Second half of my request is for any recommendation for where to ride.

I would like to stay off the major roads other than as necessity dictates - i.e. get out/around a metropolitan area. With the time limits involved I presume picking a part of the country and sticking to that area would be the best.

Places I'm considering but do not expect to hit all of them:
- Enkhuizen
- across Aflsuitdijk
- Posbank
- Limburg
- Kinderdijk

... or just scrap all those and go somewhere that you guys can recommend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

Drenthe and Groningen are nice districts too.
Every district has its own charm.

And a lot depends on the weather which is quit shite atm.

Regards,
Hans

1 - 2 of 2 Posts