StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating getting some new soft luggage for my '09 Wee. I read a post over on the VSRI board about the Nelson-Rigg CL850 bags that seemed very positive, however over on the Nelson-Rigg website, it appears that they are no longer made, but there are the CL-855's. Does anyone have any experience with these, and if so, how are they different from the 850's? They sure are reasonably priced. Thanx for any input.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm contemplating getting some new soft luggage for my '09 Wee. I read a post over on the VSRI board about the Nelson-Rigg CL850 bags that seemed very positive, however over on the Nelson-Rigg website, it appears that they are no longer made, but there are the CL-855's. Does anyone have any experience with these, and if so, how are they different from the 850's? They sure are reasonably priced. Thanx for any input.
They sure look the same, MotorcycleGear.com has better price than Nelson Rigg site. You might check them out if you decide to buy. I'm not affiliated with them. I have bought from them with no issues, great guys to do business with I.M.O. Nelson Rigg is quality stuff. I have the sb900 bags, which was replaced by the cl850 I couldn't tell any real difference between them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used them for about 2 years and loved them. The only negitive for over night trips is you have to consistently remove them if your staying in a motel over night. No way to lock em.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I bought the Nelson-Rigg Adventure Dry Saddlebags and they work great. Amazing how much crap you can pack in them, and you definitely don't have to worry about anything getting wet. Amazing value for around $100.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered a set of the Nelson Rigg CL855 bags for my '09 Wee, as well as a set of the Precision motorcycle racks. I think I like the idea of mounting the bags on the racks as opposed to laying them across the seat and trying to attach the nylon straps to the passenger pegs and wrapping them around the back underneath the luggage rack.

BTW, Motorcycle Gear seems like a decent outfit. I was helped by Nate, who was super helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts