StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am quite new to the world of V-strom... got a 2008 DL650 about 5-6 weeks ago.

I have ordered some Nelson-Rigg CL850 soft touring bags - I was thinking I might install some racks for hard bags and use the racks to keep the bags nicely positioned... does anyone have suggestions on what racks will work and what won't work?

I still have not decided if I will install a top case or not... I'm basically looking for suggestions on what gives me the most options (for example if I want to add hard bags or topcase at a later date).

Bottom line is - I'd like to hear from people who have the Nelson Rigg bags and how they installed them on their bikes...

Thanks! (love this site):D

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
There's a whole thread somewhere here on photos of luggage - very useful. I have a Vee so not sure about this, but it seems to me a lot of folks have used false left pipe storage systems to keep the soft luggage off the tire/chain on their wees - look around here and you'll find lots of info on all this stuff. Good luck - the 850s are great bags!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bottom line is - I'd like to hear from people who have the Nelson Rigg bags and how they installed them on their bikes...

I threw them over my rear seat on my 1K and tied them to the rear foot pegs. With the heat shields you don't need anything else.

With the 650 you might want some type of barrier to keep them from swinging into the rear wheel (where your 2nd exhaust should be:) ), but I've seen them do fine w/o anything.

You might look here for a pre-fabbed solution:

http://community-2.webtv.net/CHERDAN/MyVStromAccessories/page2.html

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
+1 Dan Vessel Soft Luggage Gaurd

I agree that Dan's luggage guard is a inexpensive option. He also has the "storage" pipe you can add to it as well. I'm using the Ortlieb Dry Bag Saddlebags, though I haven't taken a trip with them, yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts