Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

At 24,7XX miles, my Wee is just about due for a valve adjustment. I don't have a good grasp on how to do it myself, but would like to learn. And I know that some of you can do it. Is there anyone out there that would like to show me how it's done? I'd gladly cover expenses; parts (obviously!), beer, lunch, and heck....I'll even pay you! I do all the other mainenance on my bikes, but this one scares me a bit.

I prefer to do this at my place in Tacoma, just in case it can't be completed so some unforseen reason. I have all the neccessary tools, a garage, and lots of wrenching expirience. I'm usually off on Mondays and Tuesdays, but am flexible if need be. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Too bad you can't make it to Enumclaw's (in Enumclaw) Saturday.

Keep in mind that the first step is to measure the valve clearance. It might not need to be adjusted, but you need to know what the clearance is.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah, I saw that post. Unfortunatelly I work weekends. :thumbdown:
From that thread:

Enumclaw(Rob) sponsors this event in(You guessed it.) Enumclaw,Wa. He will PM you a few days before the event with his address.
Yes, If I know someone is doing a valve check I will bring my shim kit.

Don
Send Don (nvr2old) a PM and see if he can help you on another day... he was a pretty nice guy when I met him at the last wrench session.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
all you need is

all you need is Black Labs web site article - its very thorough

1 - 5 of 5 Posts