StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,
I apologize as I know the windscreen thing has been beaten to death but my research has found lots of information on '04 and later windshield solutions.
I would like recommendations for a replacement windscreen for my '03 1000 Strom. I am 5'9" tall but am getting my seat rebuilt and anticipate being raised approx 2-3".

Many thanks!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You

Thank you Appalachian Rider!
All the searching I've done here and at ADVrider didn't come close to that repository of information on K2 and K3 windscreen solutions.
From the posted pics it looks like the Windstrom solution might provide the best protection without being too large, like the CB medium and tall.

Two questions I need to ask of Eric at Windstrom:
1. How close is that windscreen to your face/neck while standing?
2. Will the windscreen clear tall dirt bike bars (RC, CR, KX) with Rox Risers and hand protectors?

· Registered
97 Posts
lucky,

When I bought my used 03 it had a Suzuki tall screen on it. It was terrible. I took a short ride without any screen and liked it, so I cut down my screen. Liked it a lot.

I then bought a no name tinted screen off ebay that I currently use. It's relatively short and looks similar to a double bubble type. I can stand no problem and have no interference with my ATV tall bars. Someday I plan to cut my tinted screen down a few inches for more air in hot weather.

· Registered
15 Posts
The Cee Baileys Vented screen with the lip is not too bad. I'm 5'11" with a
32" inseem and I get a clean stream of air at about forhead height (I have a tall seat installed on the bike which is 1" higher than stock Vee). I do get some buffeting around my shoulders on the highway sometimes, but I'm hoping mirror extenders will solve this.

· Registered
230 Posts
I really, really, really like the Windstrom Manta with lip that I have.

· Registered
230 Posts
I'm 5'8" tall (short?) and I do not recall the height of the windscreen. I'll have to measure and get back to you.

I have played with my hand, moving it up in front of the helmet while holding my hand flat against the direction of airflow. I did this looking for the point that I get the air pushing my hand, and it is about 3-4 inches over the helmet.

I recently rode my buddies Honda ST1300 with the electronic adjustable windscreen and feel that his screen at full up and forward is about similar to my Manta.

There is something about your arms that if you drop your left hand to your leg, the wind comes in at your body and you really feel it. Return the hand to the bars and it all goes away again.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm 5'8" tall (short?) and I do not recall the height of the windscreen. I'll have to measure and get back to you.

I have played with my hand, moving it up in front of the helmet while holding my hand flat against the direction of airflow. I did this looking for the point that I get the air pushing my hand, and it is about 3-4 inches over the helmet.

I recently rode my buddies Honda ST1300 with the electronic adjustable windscreen and feel that his screen at full up and forward is about similar to my Manta.

There is something about your arms that if you drop your left hand to your leg, the wind comes in at your body and you really feel it. Return the hand to the bars and it all goes away again.
Sounds like it will be perfect then. I'm getting my seat rebuilt and I should be up about 2-3 inches from stock. Thanks!

· Registered
9,982 Posts
Don't mind

During the summer months (when I'm riding my Vee) I want all the wind cooling I can get. So the stock K2 screen is fine for me. The edge of the wind stream is hitting below the bottom of my helmet (I'm 6'4") so I don't tend to get any windshield-related helmet buffeting. I've got another bike to ride that provides full wind protection when the weather gets chilly. If the Vee was my only bike, I'd probably be looking for something with more coverage, but I'd put the stock shield back on from May until October.

· Registered
33 Posts
i tried the givi, it is on a shelf in my garage. still prefer a cut down shield with pressure relief hole cut in near the bottom, add a laminar lip fo winter...if your are near CT come and try the givi...or I'll ship it to you for half of msrp.

· Registered
230 Posts
Someone requested the length of my Manta.

· Registered
66 Posts
Cee Bailey

If anyone is interested, I have a Cee Bailey for an '03 that I'll part with for 50% of retail... drop me a line if you're interested, or wanna make an offer.

I'm 5'11" with a 34" inseam. It didn't work out for me so well and I'm back to the stocker with an air relief duct created... ;)

After double-checking the CB website, it's 22" and this is the model: http://www.ceebaileys.com/suzuki/vstromws.html

· Registered
170 Posts
windshields

I have an 2003 model and it came with the original oem short windshield. I purchased the Cee Bailey Tall (26") from a member a few years ago. I am 6' and it hits me right where its supposed to. Its big windshield that does great in the winter and blocks a lot of air. My only complaint has been the surface durability. Of all the shield I've used in the past this one has scuffed the easiest. In the summer its a bit warmer, I like the oem for hot weather but it will knock you around pretty good on the interstate. I wanted to upgrade to the new CeeBailey vented version. The price isn't bad but the freight pushed it out of the budget. In it's place I ordered the new touring screen from zero gravity, but the vendor was out of stock. In its place I got the double bubble. I've seen it advertised for years but don't hear a lot of people talk about it. Should have it next week and will test it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.