StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea where I could get a cover for my large tank bag. Got it from someone and did not have a waterproof cover.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
waterproof cover

Forget finding a cover that will fits properly. Get a waterproof bag from a camping store and use it as a liner. My Joe Rocket tank-bag deflects the rain and all stays dry inside the bag.

·
Registered
15,911 Posts
If you want a bright ORANGE cover from an old BMW bag, lemme know I gots a couple of them. You can even see them from outer space at night!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have used a shower cap (free from hotels) to cover a tank bag. Depending on size of the tankbag, they work well.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Waterproof covers will help in a short light rain, but the tank is still getting covered in water and it's soaking up into the bag from the bottom.

It might be easier to just get a plastic trash bag and put that inside the bag as a waterproof liner. Once everything is in, twist the top closed, fold it over and zip up the bag.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forget finding a cover that will fits properly. Get a waterproof bag from a camping store and use it as a liner. My Joe Rocket tank-bag deflects the rain and all stays dry inside the bag.
great idea. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Like the idea of a waterproof bag from camping store. Will look at REI in the morning.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This prolly isn't going to be a big help to you unless you've got an Oxford tank bag. My Oxford Sports TB is several (> 5 yrs) old and the waterproof cover is actually in a tiny stuff sack INSIDE the tank bag itself. Opens from the front with a zipper and you just pull it out and stretch it over the bag. Similar idea to the rain jackets that stuff into their own zip pocket. Nice concept, since you can't ever lose the cover....:yesnod:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine is a joe rocket and it does not have that feature. My other smaller one does and yes it is very nice idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts