StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Givi topcase that I would like to move back about 4" to give my passenger more room. If you have done it, please reply with the details and pics if possible.

Thanks,

Winston

2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom (new to me)
1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (the couch)

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Search the forum for Bestem Top Case, and you'll find that almost everyone who bought one moved the mounting plate back to give the passenger lots more room - as you intend. Many of the strategies shown on that thread can be done with almost any mount plate system, or at least get you in the right direction.

I did the mods too, with limited tools - a dremel grinder, a drill, and some creativity!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I would be cautious about moving it that far back. I moved mine 2" and you can feel the effect of it wagging the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
My el' cheapo Bestem mounting plate [real thick heavy steel] cantilevers out off the back of the stock rack about 4" or so, and the case is solid.....+2 pts for cheap heavy thick Chinese steel! Ni Hao!

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
If you still have the pad on there, take it off. My wife was a lot more comfortable without it, and it gave her more room.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I would be cautious about moving it that far back. I moved mine 2" and you can feel the effect of it wagging the bike.
I think it's more a function of the heavy twisting you do on the throttle....

:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I made mine up from some cheap pieces of steel I had laying around. A couple of simple flatbar extensions to go under my GIVI mounting plate worked fine, and cost me almost nothing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Amotostuff makes a bracket that moves Givi cases back. I've had one since I first bought my topcase. It's not 4" but it's better.

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AMSVSLug-MK&Category_Code=dl1000_luggage
got this thing and love it. its very solid and lets me adjust if needed. Its all the way forward most times tho have moved back for a passenger idea. Only issue is its 4 screws to move it idea, not a quick slide but O well still solid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts