StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm looking at the headlights on my 07 wee and the inside of the clear 'glass' is dirty. And the headlight reflectors are also grungy. How far do I have to tear this thing down to get the lens covers off to clean them and the reflectors! Tried the 'rag on a stick' thing and it only marginally helped. Thanks

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Many of these sealed units use a form of hot glue during assembly.
With a heat gun at a safe distance you MAY be able to take them apart for cleaning. This was a common operation at my dealership when cars came in with broken lenses but the lamp body was OK. Then we'd use a hot glue gun and stick for reassembly. Or...you could just replace the lamps at a higher cost.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
After a crash I found a headlight bucket on Ebay, someplace in Florida, for about $250. It was brand new.
That was 8 years ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The headlight bucket does not appear to be sealed. Honestly the lens looks to be separate with a gap between it and the reflector. It looked to me that I outer clear lens would remove (probably after more faring removal than I would like) and could then be cleaned on the inside, and the reflector cleaned. Did I mention that this bike was outside, lying on it's side, during Hurricane Harvey.....so the reflectors appear to have some 'hard water' type grunge on them. Maybe replacement would be best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts