StromTrooper banner

Need the size of the 2007 DL 1000 shift rod. I'm having a new one made by my friend. Thanks

359 3
My shift rod fell off and I don't have time to wait three weeks for a new one. My friend can make me one he said, but I was hoping someone on here could pull there's off and measure the length of the threads on both ends. I know one end is reverse threaded. I was thinking it's about 120mm long and the two threaded ends are about 20-30mm? I also believe it's a 8mm diameter rod. Thanks for all your help. If anyone has one laying around let me know.

Mike in Aptos California
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,152 Posts
I don't have 650 at home anymore so this is from memory.

It would be 6m not 8m

120 would be close but make it a little longer then cut it down when fitting

Make 50% right hand thread and 50% left hand thread, that will cover all bases

You will need a right hand thread locking nut & a left hand threaded one too.

· Registered
5,530 Posts
6mm, probably nearer to 110 than 120, so make it 120 and cut it down. No need for more than 35mm thread each end (I've allowed already for trimming 120mm down to ~110mm), you can't adjust it very far as it bottoms on the pivot mechanism at the lower end anyway.

I have shortened those myself in the past, take your time with cutting it. Top goes through a very hard to reinstall rubber boot before screwing in at the top which is why I can't do more accurate.

· Registered
5,318 Posts
I looked on Rocky Mt. ATV and they have that rod in stock.

You could just mount the shift lever directly (to the shift shaft) in the mean time. Don't remember if that reverses the pattern on the 1000 or the 650?

Edit: doesn't reverse the 1000

Reverse shift pattern

• Helpful
Reactions: Rolex
1 - 4 of 4 Posts