StromTrooper banner

Need suggestion for Dual Port USB Charger

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Macdoc 
#1 ·
I searched, but did not find what I was looking for.

I'm wondering if anyone has some history using a dual port USB charger. I'm looking for the following features:

Easy installation direct to battery (easy to remove and install on future bike)
Mounts to handlebar
Dual Port (mainly used to charge 2 cell phones)

Giving some thought to the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Aileap-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Connector-Charging/dp/B06WVK36LB

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TIA

#2 ·
I searched, but did not find what I was looking for.

I'm wondering if anyone has some history using a dual port USB charger. I'm looking for the following features:

Easy installation direct to battery (easy to remove and install on future bike)

Mounts to handlebar

Dual Port (mainly used to charge 2 cell phones)

Giving some thought to the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Aileap-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Connector-Charging/dp/B06WVK36LB

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TIA

Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Please with mine

This seems to hit all the buttons

Has an off switch that looks to be nicely protected.

Dual USB out and a Voltmeter. After two stator failures last summer a Voltmeter was on the must have list as an early warning.

Handlebar mount too.

I don't need the 12 V socket but might come in handy for a small compressor and the unit is fused. cable looks long enough too. Like that type of open connector so do not have to take the battery bolts out to connect

Delivery tomorrow for free if you have Prime

https://www.amazon.ca/BlueFire-Wate...spons&keywords=usb+motorcycle+handlebar&psc=1

#14 ·
To me this is the best solution. Simple, multi purpose and does not take up a lot of real estate. When I got my bike, the PO had 4 of these mounted on the horizontal surface on each side of the headstock. I simply rewired them so they were on switched power supply and used 12 ga wire on a couple of them, with 20a fuses so I could plug something like a compressor or heated gear in if needed.

#7 ·
#24 ·
We went through a couple previously that did not hold up long and many don't have the cable or long enought cable or the fuses and too many don't have the vital on-off switch.
The one I posted covered all the bases, was simple and fast to install. Having the voltage meter is just a treat and it appears to be decently weather resistant....

The only caveat is it would be nice to have a quick disconnect so you could remove it from the bike as you wish. The unit slides off it's handle bar mount easily but since it's wired to the battery you can't really take it away. That would be a very easy fix tho.

I got the unit in preparation for a 4 week cross country trip that was supposed to start Friday .....all dressed up ...no place to go :(

Had to move my annual 3 month Australian trip forward or face a staff revolt. At least it's lovely there now tho the KLR hardly matches the CBF1000 for creature comfort or "go fast" fun.

Lately I've pretty much relied on my lithium pocket battery to keep the phone charged but at full bright and navigation on I'm glad I have this as a fall back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.