Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, but did not find what I was looking for.

I'm wondering if anyone has some history using a dual port USB charger. I'm looking for the following features:

Easy installation direct to battery (easy to remove and install on future bike)
Mounts to handlebar
Dual Port (mainly used to charge 2 cell phones)

Giving some thought to the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Aileap-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Connector-Charging/dp/B06WVK36LB

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TIA

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I searched, but did not find what I was looking for.

I'm wondering if anyone has some history using a dual port USB charger. I'm looking for the following features:

Easy installation direct to battery (easy to remove and install on future bike)

Mounts to handlebar

Dual Port (mainly used to charge 2 cell phones)

Giving some thought to the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Aileap-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Connector-Charging/dp/B06WVK36LB

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TIA

Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Please with mine

This seems to hit all the buttons

Has an off switch that looks to be nicely protected.

Dual USB out and a Voltmeter. After two stator failures last summer a Voltmeter was on the must have list as an early warning.

Handlebar mount too.

I don't need the 12 V socket but might come in handy for a small compressor and the unit is fused. cable looks long enough too. Like that type of open connector so do not have to take the battery bolts out to connect

Delivery tomorrow for free if you have Prime

https://www.amazon.ca/BlueFire-Waterproof-Voltmeter-Cigarette-ATV(Black)/dp/B075D7SQ1F/ref=sr_1_11_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1525456277&sr=8-11-spons&keywords=usb+motorcycle+handlebar&psc=1

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
That's neat-o. I was going to suggest just a waterproof, marine style, cigarette lighter outlet and then you could plug in one of the USB adaptors or your GPS and have a good port for an air pump.

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
USB Charger Suggestion

One more question for everyone. I currently have a battery tender hooked up to my battery. Will it be safe to install a USB charger as well to the battery?

Please with mine

This seems to hit all the buttons

Has an off switch that looks to be nicely protected.

Dual USB out and a Voltmeter. After two stator failures last summer a Voltmeter was on the must have list as an early warning.

Handlebar mount too.

I don't need the 12 V socket but might come in handy for a small compressor and the unit is fused. cable looks long enough too. Like that type of open connector so do not have to take the battery bolts out to connect

Delivery tomorrow for free if you have Prime

https://www.amazon.ca/BlueFire-Waterproof-Voltmeter-Cigarette-ATV(Black)/dp/B075D7SQ1F/ref=sr_1_11_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1525456277&sr=8-11-spons&keywords=usb+motorcycle+handlebar&psc=1

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
That's neat-o. I was going to suggest just a waterproof, marine style, cigarette lighter outlet and then you could plug in one of the USB adaptors or your GPS and have a good port for an air pump.
To me this is the best solution. Simple, multi purpose and does not take up a lot of real estate. When I got my bike, the PO had 4 of these mounted on the horizontal surface on each side of the headstock. I simply rewired them so they were on switched power supply and used 12 ga wire on a couple of them, with 20a fuses so I could plug something like a compressor or heated gear in if needed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
USB Charger Suggestion

If I could only find that unit in the US, but mainly with an SAE connector!

Hard to believe this is so difficult to find.

I just had another look at Macdoc's post and it does have a fuse. Best to check that there is no other component between the SAE connector and the battery.

·
Super Moderator
4,926 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,926 Posts
I don't think this one comes with an SAE connector? Or did I miss it?
We seem to have drifted a bit. The .com one is the same as Macdocs. Exactly. It connects direct to your battery/accessory point in fusebox. Sorry for the confusion. I have never connected a battery tender.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts