StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm needing to replace the 5 rubber absorbers on my rear wheel, 07 dl650, any recommendations for online vendors, who to stay away from:thumbdown:, best price,service, etc.:thumbup: Should I just go to dealer and pay their jacked up price?:jawdrop: :confused: Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.:hurray:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
why not shim them

why not shim them with pieces of plastic cut from cheapo ring binder covers

I do that on my EX250 and it works ok

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Hi, Flat Out Motorcycles has a great site called PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket. Click in the Suzuki emblem, note your year and model, Click on the fiche for rear wheel and you will see the parts you want,

Don't bother with suggestions like shimming etc, They are not a good way to maintain your bike. The Rubber Cush Drives are not expensive and easy to replace,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I replaced my cush drive rubbers on my Vee. At the next tire chage they were loose again. I shimmed next. I use a section cut from 2.125 inch mountain bike tire inner tube. Cut a piece as wide as the metal nubs are long, so that you end up with a circular 3/4 inch wide or so rubber band from the inner tube. Slip inner tube over metal nubs, spray the inner tube with a little silicone spray and the cush rubbers also and slip together. instant...free...repair that was tighter than new cush rubbers and lasts through at least 2 rear tire changes. Then I splurge and replace the inner tube shims.

PS - I have yet to find anything cheap to buy for the stroms from any OEM source.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
My cush drive rubbers are apparently just fine, but when the next tire change I'm going to look em over carefully and if the bicycle tube shims will go in I'm trying them. I love it when penny tech items get passed around. I love ingenuity over the conventional method.
I made my own air filter awhile back by RTV-ing a car filter in place of a stock air filter, and it is working absolutely great! $6.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts