StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quickly becoming a Safety Nazi. I recently added a pair of Givi E21's to my 06 650. I ordered some black 3M reflective tape, hoping to increase my night-time visibility. As you can see from the photos, it definately works.

I'm just not sure I dig the shiny black band in the daylight. I know, I know... you can't put lipstick on a pig, etc... But it's kinda bugging me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Shiney tape on some bags doesn't look good to you but you bought a Strom?

I say stick with the tape, better to be seen than be styling.

BTW, where did you buy the tape? I think I want to put some on my bags as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
17,103 Posts
Keep it on!

Most people would not even notice that it was there, I think it looks fine. What matters is how that stuff works at "night".....and it works!;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Like it enough, I just ordered some myself!! Just me, but I plan to add some to the indentation in the swingarm as well as the panniers.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Black-to-white tape is fantastic! You can put it anywhere and not look like a goon. I chose 2" diamonds instead of stripes and I don't even notice them. They go great on the black parts of my jacket too. This site http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/generic117.html has a free offer on the large patches of black-to-white.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Glowing in the dark can be a good thing.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
That stuff is great. It could SAVE YOUR LIFE, OK? It can be bought in strips but it you want a big retangular piece (12 inches by 15 inches) check out Whitehorse Gear, the nice people who donate lots of contest stuff to Stromtrooper. They call it Stealth Reflective Sheeting but it is real 3M Scotchlite Retroreflective material. See it here:
http://www.whitehorsepress.com/product_info.php?products_id=5124&whpsid=26d9d2778408c8871875074007bce228
Shameless plug!:cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think it will work great. Looks good too. But this is coming from a guy that has reflective tape, hyper-lights, and an ugly hi-viz lime green vest that I always wear. So I can't give the best advice on looks. Also, you need to get your bike dirty so stop washing it. :)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I'm quickly becoming a Safety Nazi. I recently added a pair of Givi E21's to my 06 650. I ordered some black 3M reflective tape, hoping to increase my night-time visibility. As you can see from the photos, it definately works.

I'm just not sure I dig the shiny black band in the daylight. I know, I know... you can't put lipstick on a pig, etc... But it's kinda bugging me. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't ride it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ouch. What is your DL looking like? :)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Rather than have it look like you're hiding it, go the other way and get white reflective. It would improve you daytime visability, too. Safety and style don't always go together. Sometimes you have to choose.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Day or night, it is better to be seen and not hurt. Make a spectacle of yourself.

M

·
0 Posts
The tape doesn't look bad to me. And since you want added visability stick with it (no pun intended).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts