StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I have been lusting after one of the 2012 models but I just don't know if it makes sense to pull the trigger.

I have a 2009 Wee with about 26,000 miles. I have ridden it in places where it shouldn't have been but it always got me out and back home. I have it nicely set up with the front suspension dialed in and a Progressive rear shock. Also have an E52 top box and E21 side cases. Plus the many other standard farkles and some that have yet to make it to the bike (Eastern Beaver stuff and some LED spot lights).

Last year I picked up a 2002 DR650 which is very nicely set up with a FCR carb, GSXR 1000 Exhaust can, Ricor modified suspension, and an IMS 4.9 gallon tank. The DR has become my primary Dual Sport ride now and general hooligan bike.

So I am looking to either moving my DL650 more towards a long distance tourer that will likely see some Forest Service Roads or possibly getting the 2012 model.

From my perspective I like the ABS on the 2012. I know this seems to be a bit of a hot topic with folks but in my opinion it is a nice feature to have on the bike. However, I am not thrilled they dropped a little bit of volume on the gas tank.

So for those of you who had the prior level Wee and now have the 2012 model what are the things that you think put the 2012 a notch above the prior Wee's?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts