StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day
I am looking for recommendations for a top box. I currently have a cocase wizard (38L?)installed that came with the bike. Can’t seem to find parts for this case so looking to replace it. I do not need a huge box, however it does need to be big enough to hold an XL Arai helmet. I do not have a shop close to me that has anything on display, so I would be looking to special order/get something online. Local shop would charge me restocking fee if the case is too big/small for what I want.
Any recommendations appreciated

Busted

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bestem top boxes are inexpensive and work. Come in several sizes
They are not as strong as a Givi if you are looking for super security.
Mine is water tight and my helmet fits easily.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Would be awesome to know what bike you ride dude.

Suzuki canada had a sale not too long ago on kits for the 650.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes. Sorry about that. It’s a 14 650. I have two sets of kappa side bags that came with it 22 and 40 L So not looking for the whole set (sounded like a great deal though)
I usually ride with only the top box unless on a longer ride when I use the side bags also
Thanks
Busted

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I just purchased a top case from Eric at Solobox in WA state. Very well made and made in USA in his garage. $239. I believe that is shipped but I picked mine up in person so am not positive on that. You can reach Eric at 360-840-7139. Phone is the best way to contact him. Can anyone tell me how to get photos to come in right-side up? Sorry for the twist.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just purchased a top case from Eric at Solobox in WA state. Very well made and made in USA in his garage. $239. I believe that is shipped but I picked mine up in person so am not positive on that. You can reach Eric at 360-840-7139. Phone is the best way to contact him. Can anyone tell me how to get photos to come in right-side up? Sorry for the twist.
Wow that looks huge. How much does it weigh?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I’m a fan of Givi Monokey cases. Easy on and off and can swap between bikes. I have a 52 L one that I use on my street bikes and an older ugly 46 L one I use on my dual sport.

I have a couple extras I’m looking to sell. A great condition E460 (46L) and a decent condition older E50 (50L) model. Asking $180 for either shipped in the USA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Matt and Bigsky. I think by the time I got them across the border to the great white north, the tax man would kill me with duty, tax etc etc

·
Registered
265 Posts
I’ve been using a Chinese one I bounght for $30 about 10 years ago. Very flexible which I believe is why it has lasted so long. I’ve had this on about 6 bikes. Best $30 I ever spent. No idea what size it is. I can put my riding pants plus my jacke in it. Helmet will fit also but only on its own. I can get a large pizza box in it too. It’s a great grocery getter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a GIVI 45L monokey topbox and I have no complaints about it beyond the lock can sometimes be a bit tight to turn and I worry someday I'm going to snap the key off. Also, I didn't buy it new so that helped!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about it more, the black has dulled a bit over time but evidently this can be undone by going over it with a heat gun. It will bring back the original luster of the new black.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check out Kappa Monolock top cases (Givi sister company).
Love my 46 liter that comes complete with mounting plate and was around $140. Tour and Ride often has smoking deals on some of these Kappa cases (wife got a 36 liter for around $50)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts