StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy one?

Since I'm changing this, is there a better one than stock?

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy one?

Since I'm changing this, is there a better one than stock?
Go with a K&N. Lifetime filter so you wash it instead of replacing it. I bought one for my Strom on day one. That way I'll be able to put a nice, clean filter in the bike to sell it and sell the K&N separate. Its small potatoes but it cuts the maintenance cost and saves the environment.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I did some looking at a K&N for my Vee when I got it, but everything said that the stock filter flowed so well that you might get another horse or two at best. AND I was told they would let more dirt through in the long run, albeit small particles that haven't seemed to hurt my Ford Expedidtion (141k miles) with a K&N. Not bad for the engine per se, but could cause fouling problems for the injectors. So I didn't do a K&N on the Vee.

I did a K&N on a Bandit 1200s and it really helped that old bike out a lot.

Anyway, with that said, I've not heard any actual bad reports of the K&N causing problems on the Vee so it's a wash in my mind when all is said and done.

M

·
0 Posts
If you buy a Suzuki filter be sure to take the rubber gasket off o fthe old one prior to disposal. The gasket is a seperate part and does not come with the filter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have K&N filters in everything I own, cars, trucks, VFR, even my boat. Haven't put one in the Strom yet however. I believe I am actually going to try a BMC filter. I have read several reviews, not V specific, that have been very good.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had a BMC filter in my tiller and I have one in my busa. No issues whatsoever. Of course, I really feel that the stocker is just fine too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts