StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have handlebar risers that stretch the throttle cables tight when it's turned to the right. After adjusting the throttle play today, they are stretched WAY too tight. Can I adjust the linkage for major adjustmets (under the tank) to give myself more play on the cable? Maybe I need to re-route the cables or buy longer ones.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the GenMar up and back = 1" up and 1 3/8" back. I think the Motech are the opposite: more up and less back. There was enough clearance until I needed to adjust the throttle play. Now that the cable is stretched, I needed to tighten the play...and that's when it got too tight. A friend suggested I might find some slack by adjusting the linkage under the tank, so that's what I'll try first.

mokusbajusz, the only stress on the cable occurs when I do a full lock to the right, so I'm not too worried that it's a dangerous problem. I have 6k miles on the bike, so I doubt the barbacks caused 100% of the stretch on the cable. They're worth adding, so I'm willing to do some tinkering to make it work.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Yes, there's slack down lower on the control cables. You don't have to lift the fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Have Genmar up/back risers. The cables were tight but I rotated the throttle housing so the cables did not go over top of the brake res but in front of it. Got enough cable slack doing that. Also had to play with the front brake line a bit to make it a little looser with no stress. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts