StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the klr.net forum there is a guy that makes flashing led tail lights. They are extremely high quality and about half the price that I've seen from other commercial vendors. I asked him if he would make something similar for the vstrom. He said it would be no problem he just needs a few measurements. I'm not very technically minded and I know there are some engineers on the forum that probably have the tools to get the accurate measurements that he needs. I'm hoping one of you guys wouldn't mind spending a few minutes to measure the tail light dimensions. Here is what he needs.

" Please take digital photos of the tail light with the lens on, and with the lens removed, and provide the dimensions of the lens screw center to center spacing, the depth to the plug receptacle, and the width vs. depth of the reflector at a couple of points between the screw bosses that hold the lens on. I need to know how much space I have to work with to so something similar to what I did for the KLR..."

Here is a link that will show the work he does on the klr.

KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!

·
Registered
523 Posts
There are several options that already exist for drop-in LEDs for the rear brake. However, that guys work seems very nicely done.

For the Wee, it isn't as simple as unscrewing the lens cover. There are no screws. You have to bake the brake light housing assembly to soften the glue then pop the lens off. Then you've got to glue it back on once you install the lights.

Also, the Wee has two 1157 sockets, so that might change his design and cost a bit.

Approx brake light housing dimensions: 8 1/8" x 2 3/4" x 3 5/8" (Width x Height x Depth)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help,I appreciate it.

Sent from my phone...there will be spelling errors!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts