StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a center stand but some times I would like to leave the bike on the side stand but it drives me crazy on how much it leans.
Is there a bolt on solution , maybe from another bike?? or has anybody found a good way of modifying the stock (making it longer ).

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hi, I have a center stand but some times I would like to leave the bike on the side stand but it drives me crazy on how much it leans.
Is there a bolt on solution , maybe from another bike?? or has anybody found a good way of modifying the stock (making it longer ).
Wow, I've honestly never heard that one before. The strom has a pretty conservative lean angle for such a tall bike. Take a look at a couple KTM's or tall bimmers if you want a lean angle.

-GW

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I added raising links to the rear and that made the ange even worse. I really could not see a good way to add to the bottem, so I cut the stand and added 2.25" in length to the shaft.
The bike now has a nice lean angle, not to straight but over enough to feel safe.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My bike leans over like a drunken sailor. When it's fully loaded I have to be careful where I park it so I can get it back upright.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Lean Angle" Problems

There are a lot of guys out there who wish that their sidestand was longer and sturdier, but now there is a product that can fix all your "lean angle" problems. Take a look at http://www.extenze.com. This product will increase the length and girth of your "side stand" in the short time period of one to ten weeks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are a lot of guys out there who wish that their sidestand was longer and sturdier, but now there is a product that can fix all your "lean angle" problems. Take a look at http://www.extenze.com. This product will increase the length and girth of your "side stand" in the short time period of one to ten weeks.
I think he's got you there. :p

·
Registered
428 Posts
A longer kickstand will make the bike MUCH more likely to fall over in high winds! The mattress mate's SV650 is lowered 3/4" and it has fallen over on very windy days at least 3 times. You wouldn't think such a small amount would make a difference but it does.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ever parked on anything but a flat surface? An extended stand may come back to bite you when uphill is to the left of the bike and its the only way you can park it. +1 on wind taking down the bike easier, too. Just a heads up; to each his own.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you insist in making the thing longer try cutting a block of wood to fit the sidestand foot. In fact make several from 1/4" plywood and stack them until you get where you want to be. That way you know how far to go if you actually get to cutting metal.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Scroll down in the link below I have a picture of how I added a piece of plate aluminium to the side stand (added 3/8") after adding raising links.

You also get the side benefit of a bigger sidestand footprint. I also added the same type plate to both centerstand feet so the rear wheel would spin when it was up on the sidestand.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=17899&highlight=aluminium

1 - 10 of 10 Posts