StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks! This one has me baffled. Has anyone ever installed this throttle lock/ cruise control on their DL1000? If you have - could you send me a couple of pictures? This appears to need to CROSS, from left to right, over my starter unit - which concerns me. Also, there's no room to fit the left hand bracket where it would be close enough to connect to the right side. Any advice?

2021-04-29 18.19.01.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Folks! This one has me baffled. Has anyone ever installed this throttle lock/ cruise control on their DL1000? If you have - could you send me a couple of pictures? This appears to need to CROSS, from left to right, over my starter unit - which concerns me. Also, there's no room to fit the left hand bracket where it would be close enough to connect to the right side. Any advice?

View attachment 285538 View attachment 285539 View attachment 285540 View attachment 285537
Looking at your picture of parts it appears you might be missing a spacer that will extend the arm from the mounting bracket to the part that goes around the grip. The spacer can be seen in the picture provide by GFHVStrom. The spacer extends the arm about 1/2 inch. The little bolt shown in your picture is the one to be used with the extension (spacer) If your spacer is missing you could fabricate one out of a small metal or plastic tube. I read of one fellow who used a piece of an inexpensive ball point pen. Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes you definitely need the spacer for all to work. If not included return and replace. I did have the metal "clamp on" type as Oxblood above but it slipped and was in the way too much so put this one on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey everyone! Thanks for the pics, advice and links. The youtube video helped tremendously. I do have the spacer (just didn't show it in my pics). I'll give this another go and hope for success! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts