StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously looking at buying a firstgear Sierra Day Glo Rain Jacket.
Does anybody have experience with this rain jacket?

Doug

·
Registered
153 Posts
Its BRIGHT!! They did not have it in my size..so can't say nore than that. Firstgear makes a decent product tho.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have one!

I got it after riding on a crowded interstate in the pouring rain in a black waterproof pullover when it dawned on me that cagers probably couldn't see me very well.

Trust me! The Sierra Day Glo GLOWS!

I made a boo-boo in sizing though. I bought a size LARGER than my regular FirstGear gear thinking that I'd need something bigger. NOT! FirstGear sizes overgear with THAT in mind.

The Sierra jacket has cinch-cords in the waist so you can pull it tight around your midriff and it has straps with Velcro at the biceps to pull it tight, too. I had to "modify" the bicep straps as FirstGear must've designed those with Mike Tyson's biceps in mind. I dunno. The jacket also has a built-in hoodie that hides in the jacket collar so you can opt to use it or not. In pouring rain, I've used it and it has kept my dry and comfy. Finally, it has a pocket such that you can fold the jacket into itself to make a nice littlepackage for packing in your gear bag.

I WOULD recommend the Sierra Day Glo Rain Jacket!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your feedback!

I ordered a 2xl, probably an XL would be best, but I couldn't find one.

My tourmaster jacket just gets wet/leaks in the arms - it's about 5 years old & has seen a fair amount of miles. The pants still works great.

Looking forward to keeping dry again, & being seen...

Doug

·
Registered
529 Posts
I bought the jacket and matching pants at White horse gear in New Hampshire , and put it to the test last weekend , riding 2 days in heavy rain - I stayed dry , did not feel stuffy/sweaty , and , as for visibility ... I can be seen from SPACE !:yikes:

The folks at Whitehorse told me it's their top of the line , I believe them .

Alex .

·
Registered
712 Posts
I bought the jacket and matching pants at White horse gear in New Hampshire , and put it to the test last weekend , riding 2 days in heavy rain - I stayed dry , did not feel stuffy/sweaty , and , as for visibility ... I can be seen from SPACE !:yikes:

Alex .
Oh, and you looked spiffy in it too!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My jacket arrived & the 2XL is just right. I'm excited to stay dry riding in the rain...
Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts