StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 2005 650 WEE HAS DEVELOPED A PROBLEM WITH THE HEAD LIGHTS ONLY THE LOW BEAMS ARE WORKING? DO NOT HAVE VOLTAGE TO THE FUSE IN FUSE BOX AND THE FUSE IS GOOD ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The most likely place to check is the connector at the end of the wiring harness from the left handlebar switch. It is located behind the radiator shroud. The headlight system involves a number of contacts and connectors that can cause problems. A headlight relay kit will bypass those problem areas since the stock system only has to power a relay instead of the lights.

There have been many threads about headlight problems that more often affect both lights. The starter switch contacts or the connectors under the rubber cover in the fairing are problems more often than the situation you are having. http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom...uestions-discussions/58397-no-headlights.html is one such thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW YEA :thumbup: THE CONECTOR HAS TOTALLY GOT A BURNT SPOT IN IT. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REPAIR THE CONECTOR? GOING ON A 48 HOUR I.B.A RUN THIS WEEKEND AND TOTTALY NEED SOME HIGH BEAMS
THANKS GREYWOLF

·
38,103 Posts
You can solder a bypass around it or try contact cleaner and crimping the female connector a bit for a stronger connection. Do get a relay kit ASAP to avoid future problems. It will produce a bit more light too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet will do thanks for all your help and i will be getring that kit asap. Where might i be able to find one of thoes kits?

·
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbup: GREYWOLF THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO ON MY PROBLEM IVE GOT IT FIXED AND ORDERED A KIT FOR THE DUAL HEAD LIGHTS OFF THE LINK YOU HAVE POSTED. THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND TIME SOMETHING HAS HAPPEND TO MY WEE IN 54,545 MILES THESE BIKES ARE AWESOME AND WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING WONT SELL IT UNLESS IT WAS A TRUCK LOAD OF MONEY:green_lol: BOTH TIMES IVE HAD A PROBLEM IVE GOT THE ANSWER ON THIS FORUM AND GOT THEM QUICKLY SO THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THIS PLACE HAPPEN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts